Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Foliage Please

Haha! Looks like I have killed the thread with my tree Big Grin Is it THAT bad? Wink
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

It's better than nothing I suppose Wink

I think instead of making small "sapling like" trees, we should try and make some big forest trees, like this.
[Image: forest-trees.jpg]

perhaps I wil try making something like this at some point.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Wohoo! That looks cool! Fragging in environment like this could be breathtaking.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Maybe we could work together to create a foliage set, or just a set of assets for populationg outdoor environments, perhaps:

Ground materials (for the terrian):

- plant litter
- grass
- sand
- dirt
- dry leaves

Models:

- trees (living, with leafs)
- trees (living without leaves)
- trees (dead - burnt)
- trees (dead - torn apart)
- roots (?)
- bushes (green)
- bushes (winter style)
- grass (green)
- grass (yellow)
- ferns (green)
- ferns (yellow)
- stones (small)
- stones (huge)
- dry branches
- hollow trunks
- cut trunks
- flowers
- mushrooms
- conifer cones
- acorns
- giant vaginas with leafs
- Nali healing fruit (+29 HP)

Just an idea.

Hmmm... A healing fruit. I'm thinking, a func_door to hide the brush in the bush model, and a trigger_multiple which would give the player a health pack hidden off somewhere.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

If it comes to our game I'd rather see a healing ray than a healing fruit. That was just a joke Wink

Liked the list you made unfa..let's get that all available and then start seeing some amazing environments Big Grin
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

One of my summer priorities is to work on that fast, single-quad/zbuffer blit imposter style grass shader I promised in the Spring. I'm going to treat the quad as a single pixel for lighting, only applying normal maps, bloom, and reflection as a per-pixel effect for performance reasons. This will have to be after I get Cone Step Mapping working. I'm currently working on CSM to get used to the shader code here.

sweet..

I started working on making some tree models. I will post pics in a bit.

also, unfa, the stuff on that list would make solarium look awesome, especially the flowers.

also, add ferns to the list Wink
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

I totally agree with the idea behind this thread! Not a foliage system for trees though (these should be placed as misc_gamemodel IMO), but for grass and small plants. If possible, done via shader file (specifying a 3D model that can be randomly scattered around a texture). Would be very good and useful to have such a system.

This ability however might already exist in Xonotic! If anyone still has the old Nexuiz, take a look at the map ONS-Reborn. It uses a shader to randomize grass models across the ground. The grass there is a camera facing sprite, but I expect the same could be used with 3D models. Worth checking IMO, so the same thing isn't implemented twice.

As for foliage models, I agree we need more trees and grass / small plants. I'm barely a modeller though, and couldn't succeed much at that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Please update the menu UI. liquidjerome 5 4,267 04-27-2017, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  [SUGGESTION] [SUGGESTION] Please Release Xonotic On Steam Iconoclast 4 5,871 12-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Please release Xonotic on GOG FutureSuture 3 5,009 08-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
Rainbow [SUGGESTION] No more forks! Mods please! unfa 13 13,530 05-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Morphed
  [SUGGESTION] Easy fullscreen toggle, please! unfa 3 4,222 05-05-2010, 05:44 AM
Last Post: bones_was_here
  [SUGGESTION] Wiki, "noaw", please. Cheers :3 paperclips 8 6,460 04-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Silica Gel: Do Not Eat