Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
possible computer heat issues

unfortunatly i bought it online ... so i cant just "take it back" ...

the worst part is the inconsistency of the problems ... i just did a 4 hour tf2 marathon today and nothing bad happened ... (well tf2 crashed in the end ... but thats normal ... ) when sometimes it dies in less than 10 minutes ...

it has bluescreened before while i was simply web browsing ... so it might not be reliant on the graphics card ...
linux has been exhibiting some strange behavior ... like it just froze on me yesterday ... or random services popping up and grabbing more cpus than usual (usually only about 6% ... but thats more than the typical 0) ... or the disability to connect to a wireless network (only sometimes)

also ... both linux and windows have a wierd bug where the network will start flickering on and off ... this only happens to the wired network ... and again its inconsistent (sometimes it will plague me all day ... sometimes it will be absent for a couple) ... i am unsure whether or not its from my computer ... or beyond ... (my roomate has no problems ... i bought a new cord ... that didn't fix it ... in fact bumping or moving the cord does not seem to effect this at all)

(02-07-2013, 09:05 PM)hutty Wrote: unfortunatly i bought it online ... so i cant just "take it back" ...

Well, you bought it, you now have problems with it which you can't resolve yourself and others can't provide any real solution at this distance. You really should seek help as you are entitled to from the supplier under your warranty.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

I usually omit threads about heat as those usually aren't real problems, so I didn't look here earlier.

Hutty - you got a broken ram stick, as it's plainly visible on the photo from the previous page from memtest. This is the whole cause of the problem, period. Get it replaced (find out which one it is by testing all sticks separately with memtest) and everything should be fine.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

(02-13-2013, 10:01 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote: Hutty - you got a broken ram stick, as it's plainly visible on the photo from the previous page from memtest. This is the whole cause of the problem, period. Get it replaced (find out which one it is by testing all sticks separately with memtest) and everything should be fine.

We already went through that with Hutty and it's inconclusive as he still has problems.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

ok, I skipped most of the txt after that photo

though I still think this could be sth with that ram, I'd check them in another machine
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bounty system for features/issues in FLOSS projects Cyber Killer 7 8,511 03-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Tardis computer edh 0 3,066 01-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Last Post: edh
  Your first computer? JayWalker 18 16,842 09-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Lord Canistra
  Should I upgrade my desktop computer? Exitium 6 9,608 06-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Last Post: jaykay