Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Gametype idea (no name yet)

Ok, this is essentially a hunting game mode.

You have two teams, a team of 2 (T2) and a team of 6 (T6).

T2 is invisible, has infinite ammo, but limited respawns (2 per player?).

T6 have possibly 4 respawns (per player), limited ammo and are completely visible.

T2's objective is to hunt down all of T6, without running out of lives (obviously).

T2's objective is to either kill all of T2 or possibly survive for a specific amount of time.

Tell me what you think, and tell me if this has already been thought up!

completely invisible players are a bad idea. they only need a nex or rocket launcher or campingrifle, an nobody knows where they are.... and just surviving isn't fun.

This totally rocks! The player count may have to be adjusted, though.... playing against several invisible people is fun. Or if everyone is invisible! XD
Oh! And You mean COMPLETELY-TOTALLY-NOT-VISIBLE-ON-SCREEN-invisible, right? i hate that fake see-thru-hard-to-see-invisible stuff. It looks nice, but it completely breaks the purpose. New maps will be needed or old ones revived. i'm thinking "Ruins of Slaughter".

There should be a dedicated server.

Oh, and yes, something similar has already been attempted, but interest was roughly about none.
4m038105 - Be the change.

I think the Speed + Invisibility (not complete -the same that works as a pickup) for full time of their life is a good idea. Very interesting gametype! Great idea, hellmind Smile
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(05-04-2010, 07:15 AM)jaykay Wrote: completely invisible players are a bad idea. they only need a nex or rocket launcher or campingrifle, an nobody knows where they are.... and just surviving isn't fun.

T2 don't necessarily have to be fully invisible, maybe there could be a slider bar in the server creation screen were you alter the visibility level?

Also, they don't JUST have to survive if T6 want they can go after T2.
(05-04-2010, 08:44 AM)The mysterious Mr. 4m Wrote: This totally rocks! The player count may have to be adjusted, though.... playing against several invisible people is fun. Or if everyone is invisible! XD
Oh! And You mean COMPLETELY-TOTALLY-NOT-VISIBLE-ON-SCREEN-invisible, right? i hate that fake see-thru-hard-to-see-invisible stuff. It looks nice, but it completely breaks the purpose. New maps will be needed or old ones revived. i'm thinking "Ruins of Slaughter".

There should be a dedicated server.

Oh, and yes, something similar has already been attempted, but interest was roughly about none.

Yeah, everything could be adjusted (I wrote that at like midnight last night so its a bit off). T2 could become T4 and T6 could become T10.

And about the invisibility I think there should be either a slider (like a said in a previous reply) or a console command (like invisibility_level 10, or something like that). And your right new maps would probably be needed, or old ones revamped.

this do sound kinda interesting =) But totally invisible could make it a bit hard.. maybe have the hunters become ~75% visible once they fire and then fade out to invis again over say 1-2 seconds. and perhaps also use lms style camp-check so they cant just sit still and wait.

(05-04-2010, 10:08 AM)unfa Wrote: I think the Speed + Invisibility (not complete -the same that works as a pickup) for full time of their life is a good idea. Very interesting gametype! Great idea, hellmind Smile

Thanks for the compliment Smile. If I understand you correctly, yes they would essentially have the invisibility that you pick up in Nexuiz (not sure if its full invisibility though.), it would also stop working for a little while once you shot (like the one in Nexuiz.), Except this one would be permanent like you said.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about Speed though, T2 can have too much of an advantage over T6, that would make it too difficult.

Maybe you're right about Speed. That should be just an option Big Grin
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(05-04-2010, 11:48 AM)tZork Wrote: this do sound kinda interesting =) But totally invisible could make it a bit hard.. maybe have the hunters become ~75% visible once they fire and then fade out to invis again over say 1-2 seconds. and perhaps also use lms style camp-check so they cant just sit still and wait.

I see what you mean about it being hard but a invisibility slider could solve that problem.

I do like your idea about becoming 75% invisible if they shoot and having camp-checker.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is adding a Quake-like laser to the main game a good idea? cushinga 2 1,115 03-28-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  [SUGGESTION] Yet another physics and balance revamp Lee_Stricklin 3 3,846 04-28-2016, 04:14 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] Hagar Idea VertX 4 4,287 01-02-2016, 07:02 AM
Last Post: [*Mr.Chri$*]
  [SUGGESTION] Rocket Launcher model idea Beagle 5 6,113 05-27-2015, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Ogger73
Sad [SUGGESTION] There should be more improvement (should be added yet) Eonman 5 4,918 05-27-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Ogger73
  [SUGGESTION] random hagar idea frostwyrm333 7 7,592 02-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Last Post: asyyy
Smile [SUGGESTION] Idea: Player-centric Xonotic lamefun 16 19,304 12-18-2013, 01:13 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
Information [SUGGESTION] Idea: Forum cleanup? Samual 14 18,572 10-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Last Post: unfa
  [SUGGESTION] A vehicle Tank Idea aa 13 12,020 08-01-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post: satuim
Exclamation [SUGGESTION] Idea: The Great Petitions lamefun 2 4,497 07-12-2013, 05:40 AM
Last Post: lamefun