Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] [split] Map repository

If anyone is interested in doing a template for the site let me know. Don't need no stinky mobile version just a nice desktop one. I'll be using Drupal 7 with a few modules. On the last site I hosted the files on the same server a Drupal so had flle control but this time I'll host them on a cheap VPS and just use a url field in Drupal to link to it. I can use the Feed module to create a node for each map. This is done by importing a csv file with all the info for each map. Melano wrote a script the went through the file storage dir, extracted the thumbnails, author map name etc and then the script created a csv file which I then imported using the feed module. Then I used Views module to allow users to sort through the maps although can't remember the procedure atm.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Its going kida slow. I installed drupal and the needed modules and got the eu side repo vps going which is at http://eu.null.media the North American one will be at na.null.media but seems OVH is sold out and waiting for one to be provisioned.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Ok got the CSV file for importing into Drupal but gonna take me a few days to weed out duplicates and some maps with several build versions which we probably just need the newest one.

Well I haven't had a chance to get the site up but here's the link to the repo. I caped the dl speed to around 256KB for now.

Maps http://repo.null.media/maps
Player Models http://repo.null.media/models

I'll upload more models shortly just have to dig them out of storage.

Thanks to Mario for compiling that list and giving me access to it.

Mario and end user, are these maps all Xonotic-valid, i.e. do they have the right items and textures?

The Quake 3 maps require the q3-xonotic-compatpack_gpl.pk3 server package, Nexuiz maps should work fine though.
[Image: 230.png]

Thanks, Mario. That's exactly what I needed.

I wonder why they weren't named zzz_*

well Alien Arena has some cool aliens Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Map repository? end user 1 3,247 05-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Map Repository Interface Chryyz 15 12,195 05-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Chryyz
  [SUGGESTION] Ability to vote map, gametype and mutators after each map Exitium 13 20,338 04-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Last Post: The mysterious Mr. 4m