Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] move the crossair in the screen

Hi,

I would like to make the crossair "magnetic" for the "easy" mode, when the crossair is in an area (which we can fix) close to an enemis, the cross air move and go directly on the enemis for make the game easier .

I was looking for the cheats if one can help me but I didn't understand very weel how do they work.
The bigest problem is i can move the crossair on the screen in "vis_sdl.c" but fort keep the position of enemis, I have to see it in a ".qc" file like "cheats.qc" I think.

Can you help me to know how can I do that?

So you need help with programming an aimbot? If anything like what you describe could be done, it would have to be done server side (probably easiest way would be enlargening the hit box...). If you succeed in enabling such a thing client side, then post it here, as then there is a cheat possibility to fix.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Asking for cheats on official forums? Really???

That's the sort of feature that's useful on console gaming.

We can't make the game easier for you, sorry. If you're playing offline, try to reduce the bot skill to make it easier. If you're playing online, try servers that are more beginner-friendly. But as other pointed out, what you're asking there is a cheat, and it certainly won't help you gain skill.

(06-06-2013, 10:34 AM)Halogene Wrote: If you succeed in enabling such a thing client side, then post it here, as then there is a cheat possibility to fix.

No no no no no no no no!

I know it's senseless to hide things like that, but a cheat has absolutely nothing to do on this forum, even if it's for "research" purposes. That's an insta-ban in my book. This sort of thing should be discussed with devs in private (ideally divVerent, he has a great deal of knowledge surrounding hacks in DP as far as I can tell).

If you're caught with something like this in the game, we will ban you. Learn to aim properly, this is not a console game.

Why do they do console games, if they have to do aimbots and probably other stuff to make the game easier? Maybe it would be easier to do proper games straight away?
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Sorry i think i didn't explain well what I want to do, I just want to try to use joystick in the game in local (anyway if i would just do a cheat, i couldn't play on internet with it) because play in joystick is so difficult and the worse bot is too strong for me.

It 's just a litlle project to see how does it works and for improve my video game coding skills.

I just use the word "cheat" because i saw a file with this name in the code.

Anyway i think it's very hard to do this because we can only keep the position of the enemis in ".qc" file with the function find which return the entity of the ennemis and for move the crosshair we have to unclock the crossair from the middle of the screen and ajust it in "vid_sdl.c".

I hope you will understand that my intention was not bad at all.

I'm not assuming bad intentions, but you have to agree that if you implement client side code that does what you described, then this WOULD be an aimbot and therefore a reason to instantly ban you if you appeared with that anywhere. That's why I said you'll have to do this server side, and I doubt there's an easy solution for that server side.
My Xonstats Profile

I would like to code a game for bike appartment so they have joystick for the movement but it's too difficult to shoot the other it's for why i want made the game easiest. Then you could play in fitness room for example with other person of the room. So I will have to code the server side too after. But i don't know exatly how walks the code, the open source code is only the client side? but the repository "server" allow our game to send the information to the server?

The game comes with source code for server and client. You can set up a dedicated server for your purposes with the software contained in the download. But sorry, I can't help you with implementing the features you want. You will also not recieve any support here for a solution that would be compatible with public servers for obvious reasons.
My Xonstats Profile

If you want the game to be played in a closed environment (bike apartment?) why not just keep the ppl there playing with each other only (not bots)? They all would be at the same disadvantage (gamepad) and there would be no need for the changes that you are trying to implement.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

Well, if you really need such thing you would do it by firing a sufficiently large tracebox (server side) down the weapon sight each frame then adjusting the aimpoint to the most viable target. Do note that this will never provide a very good experience as you will always to some degree put the target designation out of the players hands, and of course any sort of predicted shots will be even harder (as aim may get offset by something damageable crossing the aimpoint). I would suggest that rather than trying to fit the fairly mouse/kbd dependent vanilla mode into joypad usable mode, try to design and make some mode/mod that is meant to work with the controller in question from get-go.

TLDR: doable? yes. worth it? probably not.

(06-07-2013, 12:36 AM)Samual Wrote: If you're caught with something like this in the game, we will ban you. Learn to aim properly, this is not a console game.
Just wondering but how do you catch somebody?
And how will you ban them (Single-multi etc.)
Can we use them on single-player?
(If we wanted to)

(07-01-2013, 06:58 AM)satuim Wrote: Just wondering but how do you catch somebody?
(If we wanted to)

Server demo files can let admins replay any match from the client's perspective as if they were spectating. Aimbots have specific patterns that can be detected in this.

Banning can be done in cooperation with server admins. If cheating becomes prevalent, we have support for cross-server ban lists, which can allow to share bans between servers.

Of course you can do anything you want locally. But you should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking of it.

(07-01-2013, 02:43 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 06:58 AM)satuim Wrote: Just wondering but how do you catch somebody?
(If we wanted to)

Server demo files can let admins replay any match from the client's perspective as if they were spectating. Aimbots have specific patterns that can be detected in this.

Banning can be done in cooperation with server admins. If cheating becomes prevalent, we have support for cross-server ban lists, which can allow to share bans between servers.

Of course you can do anything you want locally. But you should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking of it.
OK but then how is changing the blood colour cheating?

Changing the way the game looks by editing game files or using other methods that weren't intended is considered cheating. Instead of drawing the line using some ambiguous and subjective criteria, we choose to interpret any such modification as cheating.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Should we move Engines? Beagle 24 17,070 05-07-2016, 03:48 AM
Last Post: tZork
  [SUGGESTION] Print screen for print screen! ThePWTULN 6 6,208 08-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Idea: records screen Antibody 9 7,954 07-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Debugger