Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toying around with balance and physics in the git

If you have the git version and want to try these out yourself, then just skip to near the bottom. The wall of text is just background on what I'm toying around with.

To avoid further spamming the place (like I normally do lol), I'm going to make a thread dedicated to what I'm screwing around with in the current git. When I toyed around with the git it looked like somebody seriously trashed and sleep deprived must have screwed with the game balance (the weapons were a real mess). Anyway I found the files that control that stuff and since they were pretty much straight-forward (which made tweaking doable for my noob self) I completely reverted it back to 2.4.2 and modified from there. 2.4.2 however had some nasty bugs as pointed out by div0 on IRC and there were a bunch of red flags in my initial tweak so I went back and did it again. The game now has a faster smoother pace to it that kind of reminds me of QuakeWorld and Deathmatch classic in a way and I think I have the weapons balanced pretty well and I'm finding myself switching them constantly using what feels right for a given situation. It started out as 2.4.2 copy paste, but has changed into something different.

Anyway if you have the git version (they won't work in 2.5.2) of the game then you can try them out. Here's the files:

Physics (move this into xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir and then use "exec physicsLeeStricklin.cfg" command in your console)
http://dev.xonotic.org/attachments/65/ph...icklin.cfg

Balance (back up your current balance file and then move this into xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir)
http://dev.xonotic.org/attachments/61/balance.cfg

Xonotic Default (back up your current xonotic default file and then move this into xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir)
http://dev.xonotic.org/attachments/62/de...onotic.cfg

If anybody can give me some feedback that would be nice. I don't care how positive or negative it is (though if you have to use profanity, keep it to PMs lol) or how brutal you are on it. To me any feedback is valuable.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Will test tonight Lee, looking forward to it.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

As I've said before, g_balance_weaponswitchdelay 0 makes for no jamming and funner combos.

(05-05-2010, 06:27 PM)Roanoke Wrote: As I've said before, g_balance_weaponswitchdelay 0 makes for no jamming and funner combos.

I'll experiment around with that and see what I come up with.

Oh wait.

Oops! I must have screwed something up because when using my balance, you only pickup ammo off of enemies! lol You don't get to grab the gun they were holding.

Oh wait.

(05-06-2010, 01:23 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Oops! I must have screwed something up because when using my balance, you only pickup ammo off of enemies! lol You don't get to grab the gun they were holding.

I had the same bug (feature?) without your physics a week ago.
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

(05-06-2010, 04:24 AM)naryl Wrote:
(05-06-2010, 01:23 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Oops! I must have screwed something up because when using my balance, you only pickup ammo off of enemies! lol You don't get to grab the gun they were holding.

I had the same bug (feature?) without your physics a week ago.

Wierd. I'll screw around with the game without my settings and see there is a need to add a bug to the dev tracker. Bug or not, it does make the game a bit more interesting.

Oh wait.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Compiling NetRadiant Git on Windows Mario 1 6,047 09-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Ingar