Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Unable to open dev.xonotic.org

Hello,

I was trying to load up the wiki on dev.xonotic.org and I receive a 403 error every time I try to load any page on that site, including any dev wiki links.

I get a white screen saying this on the web browser:
"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server."

This happens regardless of the browser I use, and it even happens on my cell phone. Am I doing something wrong or is the server on their end having trouble? Thank you in advance!

-hondamx21

It's not only you, this is intended due to a safety issue.

Is there any way I can get access to these tutorials, etc.? I would like to do some mapping for the game as well as some other artwork, etc., but all the google links for tutorials lead to that site. Thank you for the prompt reply by the way!

Hopefully we'll have the security patch in a few days. In the mean time you'll probably have to make due with the tutorials on the forums.

Thanks for your interest in contributing!

(01-15-2013, 10:14 PM)hondamx21 Wrote: Is there any way I can get access to these tutorials, etc.? I would like to do some mapping for the game as well as some other artwork, etc., but all the google links for tutorials lead to that site. Thank you for the prompt reply by the way!

You *could* try using Google's cached versions of these pages. It's ugly and links won't work, but at least you can access the information: Google Search. Then click on the ">>" icon on the right to get the link to the cached version.

You can add the thing you're looking for to that search query (e.g. "maps") to filter the results; e.g. my search for "maps" brings me to here.
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

Oh that's actually a good idea. Tongue

http://web.archive.org/web/2012100604364...notic/wiki

<3 Mirio.
Thanks for the link.
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

Just a small update on this - this is a rather large issue for us, and we don't have a time frame for its resolution. We essentially need to upgrade our dev tracker to the latest, secure version. We haven't touched it in quite a while so we all (the dev team) have to figure out exactly how that process works before moving forward.

EDIT: wow, do I sound like a project manager or what?
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

(01-16-2013, 12:16 PM)Antibody Wrote: Just a small update on this - this is a rather large issue for us, and we don't have a time frame for its resolution. We essentially need to upgrade our dev tracker to the latest, secure version. We haven't touched it in quite a while so we all (the dev team) have to figure out exactly how that process works before moving forward.

Yeah, to be forced to upgrade always kinda sucks. Do you have to update the whole webserver, or just the tracker?? Also, there should be some migration guide, no?

(01-16-2013, 12:16 PM)Antibody Wrote: EDIT: wow, do I sound like a project manager or what?

Uhm I'll try to put this in nice words ... so .. YES :p

Mirio you're the man! Thanks for the link and thanks to everyone else for the tips and information! See you all online!

Antibody (or anyone else with those powers) could you make a news item about this on the front page? Including a link to our Bugs forum if people find a bug and want to report it while the tracker is still offline?
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Plus redirect the " [Image: Develop.jpg] " button to the news - or disable it.

Would prevent irritations.
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

Or (possibly) better, merlijn could maybe redirect all attempts to access his server to an index file with a short notice that dev.xonotic.org is temporarily down for maintenance.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Indeed, having a landing page as well as a 503 error would help a lot.

Sless: no, that's not a good idea because search engines wouldn't have a link to dev.xonotic to follow from the main page.

EDIT: Oopsy, PinkRobot got it first.

I'll ping merlijn about it. Likely we want to do a redirect so I don't have to physically alter the target of our header.

Thank you to everyone involved in getting this website back online!

-R4V4G3R

No problemo.

(01-19-2013, 11:53 PM)Antibody Wrote: No problemo.

[Image: 21.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Unable to turn on gamepad for gameplay JJ^4884 1 2,653 10-09-2020, 07:11 AM
Last Post: Freddy
  [NEED HELP] Netradiant looks weird when i try to open it Taplio 0 1,587 07-07-2019, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Taplio
  [FIXED] How do I pause game while having the console open? Beagle 8 6,401 05-14-2016, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  [SOLVED] How do you open dat files on linux? Beagle 10 7,871 04-21-2016, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Beagle
Sad [NEED HELP] Dual display - open Xonotic in full screen mode on secondary screen? Galathorne 2 5,166 11-18-2015, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Galathorne
  [NEEDS INFO] Unable to run Xonotic game in PC-BSD 10.0.2 faisal6309 5 6,126 07-30-2014, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SOLVED] How to get Xonotic to work with the open-source Radeon driver? MirceaKitsune 16 19,433 11-19-2013, 06:49 AM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
  [SOLVED] Xonotic won't open Deltacon 7 6,289 09-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Deltacon
  [NEEDS INFO] Compiling on debian squeeze - missing libjpeg-turbo8-dev end user 4 8,964 02-27-2013, 05:29 PM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] [Bug]Electro secondary is unable to fire... rafallus 3 4,086 03-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Last Post: edh