Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humble Indie Bundle

Would it be possible to try to get Xonotic on the Humble Indie Bundle? Its for charity and would be a great way to get the word out about the game and could also be some good rep for the game. I don't know what the legal ramifications would be but I know that other open source games have been on the bundle in the past. Since its a free game just getting it included in the bundle might be possible given the high quality of the game, etc.

Your thoughts?

I don't think that would be possible.

As the indie games are not "open source", that means that the creator of the game has rights to sell the game etc.

Where as Xonotic is an open source game and I don't think it can be included in any commercial bundle...
Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
[Image: 12766.png]
Sucks at weapons

(01-20-2013, 11:58 PM)kammy Wrote: I don't think that would be possible.

As the indie games are not "open source", that means that the creator of the game has rights to sell the game etc.

Where as Xonotic is an open source game and I don't think it can be included in any commercial bundle...
Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Xonotic is GPL-licensed. They could sell it for profit without asking for our permission, and the only thing we could complain about (as far as I know, but I might be wrong on that) would be the use of our trademark on their website. Of course they would have to comply with the terms of the GPL and not remove copyright information and access to the source files from the package.