Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harmata's interface notes

Things i've noticed about the GUI/controls/messages:

Scrolling the map list moves the map selection highlight
so if the player selected the map to play on and then scrolled the map list down, the next map will become selected.

Maybe the blue screen when frozen in Freeze Tag
should be an option? Some players that like to play at night might find it too bright, and some people might not like the color. Also, if players are not experienced with this mode, they might not know/guess fast that they can revive each other, which means that they can spend a lot of time frozen, and looking on the world through the blue tint, which might get annoying.

While writing this i've realized that the blue screen is created simply by putting the player inside the "iceberg", which means that the color of the screen is limited to the color of the ice model. So why not make the ice customizable, just like the color of player's model? How do you make the different colors on the weapons and player models? Do that to the ice. Ice ice baby, dun-dun-dun duru-dun-dun.

"You killed your own sorry self" message when player freezes himself
is not really logical when playing Freeze Tag, just like "you fragged/you were fragged by" messages. Less violence, more friendly competition!

More unique notifications for Freeze Tag
"froze" instead of "frags" in the scores
"Thawing the ice/Providing hot chocolate/Sharing the body heat" instead of "Reviving" when reviving a player.

Advanced server settings are not really advanced?
For example, it lacks round time limit setting that will control when the round ends in draw if one team is not eliminated. Especially useful when playing with bots and one bot got stuck somewhere/other bots can't find him.

(01-31-2013, 11:57 PM)Harmata Wrote: Some players that like to play at night might find it too bright, and some people might not like the color.

I think if people are playing in pitch black rooms they're already accepting that they don't have problems with eye strain in such conditions. I personally can never play in a darkened room, its bad for your eyes to have such contrast.

(01-31-2013, 11:57 PM)Harmata Wrote: While writing this i've realized that the blue screen is created simply by putting the player inside the "iceberg", which means that the color of the screen is limited to the color of the ice model. So why not make the ice customizable, just like the color of player's model?

Interesting perhaps. Freezetag is a team game so it would mean making the colour of the ice match the team, otherwise it could be massively confusing with different colours of ice than your team.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

Maybe we should switch out the freezetag models from literal ice to something a bit more imaginative? I imagine it would be easier than dealing with the confusion of rainbow ices in team games.

Quote:Freezetag is a team game so it would mean making the colour of the ice match the team, otherwise it could be massively confusing with different colours of ice than your team.
Just make an option to force ice color to team color.
Quote:Maybe we should switch out the freezetag models from literal ice to something a bit more imaginative?
Turn frozen players into snowmen? I'm not sure how can you replace ice in this mode.

Crystals, maybee?

I get to the cmputer at 6 am, and it is pretty dark at the time. When i turn the screen on, it can be... uncofortable for some time. I open somthing dark, usualy the terminal, and my eyes fully align in ten secunds.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

(02-02-2013, 12:33 PM)aa Wrote: I get to the cmputer at 6 am, and it is pretty dark at the time. When i turn the screen on, it can be... uncofortable for some time. I open somthing dark, usualy the terminal, and my eyes fully align in ten secunds.

I really would turn the light on before you do that, it can lead to eye strain and some research suggests long term damage such as ARMD can be missed because people dismiss the symptons as 'just eye strain'.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic