Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDL 1.3 removes gamma API

Star 
SDL 1.3 --- they broke gamma correction on Linux recently (affects Xonotic, OpenArena, Tremulos): brightness control doesn't work and it's WONTFIX. Also, there's no means to ignore mouse acceleration, and SDL 2.0 is still a vaporware, it seems.

Please change your title to "SDL 1.3 removes gamma API". Does that mean we need to stick to 1.2 when 1.3 is released, or maybe find a workaround for this issue if someone comes up with one?

SDL has another problem: it doesn't let us implement international keyboard binds properly. We can only properly bind keys mapped to ASCII characters and "special" keys such as enter and home/end that exist on all keyboards.

Is this hardware gamma correction or not? Under OpenGL 2 you have access to hardware gamma correction which is separate from doing it in software. I can't see such a problem affecting both and as OpenGL 2 is basically a requirement for a proper playable Xonotic, you should always have access to hardware gamma control.

I also agree with Mr B that you should please change the title. It makes it sound like some crazy troll post as it is.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

(02-04-2013, 06:46 AM)edh Wrote: I also agree with Mr B that you should please change the title. It makes it sound like some crazy troll post as it is.

OK, well, inconvenient truth is never welcome anywhere, you know what they say, out of sight --- out of mind.

I don't know if you're being serious, but... The why is completely irrelevant to Xonotic development: the what is what matters in fixing it. If you want to opinionate, do so in the offtopic section. Having the actualy problem in the title makes for a better organized forum.

Thanks for fixing the title.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mantle API? Naruto_9 2 3,092 05-02-2014, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Mepper
  SDL Mac Install For Xonotic GIT SkyHookers 0 3,384 08-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Last Post: SkyHookers