Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wip Ctf map...

Hi there... I've been working a bit on a map made mainly for minsta ctf.
Could possibly work for weapons. It's sort of one of my first times using radiant so excuse some amateur mistakes I make.

Basically I'm coming back to mapping after a loong break. (talking ut maps here). And would like some feedback on this.

And if I do add weapons I'd be nice to have any weapons player suggest some good weapons/items balance.

Anyway enough nonsense Tongue.
Have some screens:

[Image: 1_zpsbe955b52.png]

[Image: 2_zps5c40f5f3.png]

[Image: 3_zps0a2cfab8.png]

[Image: 4_zps6576aaa1.png]
[Image: 12766.png]
Sucks at weapons

(02-02-2013, 02:28 AM)kammy Wrote: Hi there... I've been working a bit on a map made mainly for minsta ctf.
Could possibly work for weapons. It's sort of one of my first times using radiant so excuse some amateur mistakes I make.

I like the design, looking forward to see more of it Smile

And yeah, please include support for vanilla Xon, too (and by that, Overkill too). I guess there are many mappers around who can help you with your map, just ask here on forum or on IRC! =)
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

Assuming this is a space map, I'm guessing it would play similarly to evilspace ctf... nex-heavy with speedcaps from rocketeers. That map does get played, so I can't expressly say it's a bad thing.

On the other hand, if you wanted a more close-quarters combat map, it wouldn't be to hard to make it an inclosed map actually. As for adding weaps/armor, once you get a bsp build and a minimap it'll be easy to give suggestions Smile

I was initially planning on adding a level down below the map itself with close up corridors and some jumppads that make it easy to speed cap to encourage players to go under the map.

I'll upload some screenshots once I finish this
Sucks at weapons

This is a very nice start. Simple but with a few entertaining quirks, such as the hole next to the player spawn in the second to last picture. I would suggest maybe adding some obstructions in the middle to make it less open but some may argue they enjoy the openness. Along the edges of the outside, another level with some small items would be nice. Keep up the good work.

(02-13-2013, 06:02 PM)-z- Wrote: This is a very nice start. Simple but with a few entertaining quirks, such as the hole next to the player spawn in the second to last picture. I would suggest maybe adding some obstructions in the middle to make it less open but some may argue they enjoy the openness. Along the edges of the outside, another level with some small items would be nice. Keep up the good work.

OMG, Z MAN RETURNS!

screenshots are broken. Can you re-upload them?

From the screenshots I can say you got inspired by MintOX works. Thats very good, you watch other maps and take some from them and mix it trying to create your own style.

Remember to use caulk brushes (with textured only visable surfaces.)
[Image: prefer.jpg]

Floors look kind of flat. No stairs, ramps, platforms...
Second floor is too open, make more structures and obstacles, try to close corridors, curve them.... block the players view, so they cannot see through the whole map:

[Image: alpha1.jpg]

these holes are suspicious... and those behind flag enteties are very dangerous for fast player. I would reconsider adding glass or walls there. I don't understand the purpose of the holes in the middle.

[Image: alpha2.jpg]

What about lowering the middle tower or instead making few others (for style flow) and having some fun with stuctures to make map much more interesting:

[Image: alpha3.jpg]

Think also about way of getting up the towers: Make it fast like a jumppad or launch pad or stairs. Avoid making plenty of slow ramps, it slows player and pises him/her off.

Ah thanks for the tips. I'll keep it in mind.
I'll try and make the map less flat in the final version.. just that I have trouble coming up with small structures.

Would also be helpful If I could get some player to test weapon/item balance once I get a decent looking version out
Sucks at weapons

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CTF] ctf_moba (league of legends/dota styled map) _para 2 625 05-06-2023, 02:46 AM
Last Post: _para
  [DM/CTF] Sirlent (Soylent remake) (added CTF version) _para 7 1,671 01-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Bug [WIP] Aquanica Z(Rus) 15 7,908 12-22-2020, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Z(Rus)
  [Duel] bmn1_b2 (WIP) Beemann 11 7,885 05-27-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [DUEL] Graphite (WIP) t0uYK8Ne 15 9,501 05-01-2020, 07:12 PM
Last Post: samiam
  [WIP-b4] KOLOSSUS _para 12 5,756 10-09-2018, 05:13 AM
  [WIP]Distortion Justin 35 37,094 08-19-2018, 06:54 AM
Last Post: Notavi
  [WIP] <Island> _para 8 5,439 07-04-2018, 07:34 PM
  [WIP] Arena _para 2 2,622 07-04-2018, 09:11 AM
  [Vanilla, XPM CTF] antares-ctf1_b2 (Silica CTF) Antares* 0 2,152 11-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Antares*