Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple instances of server?

How do I run multiple instances of the server for different game modes? Do I have to have two Xonotic folders? Xonotic and Xonotic2.

I tried creating two different cfg and sh files and editing the second sh to reflect the file name but no go when I launch the second sh file.

Thanks
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

You need to use different session IDs for each instance, otherwise they will share databases and thus overwrite eachother's files. This is why we have lock files to prevent this.

You need to pass the argument -sessionid blahblah to the server_linux.sh script to use a different session id. Make the session id "readable" enough, because it appears in the database filenames and helps you identify them. You don't need different config files or directories, those can be shared. I think you can use +serverconfig MySecondServer.cfg as argument to use something else than server.cfg as config file, so you don't even need to edit the launching script (but feel free to!)

Hi

Thanks

So I created a new server-ft.cfg (for freezetag and set the parameters I needed and changed port) and created a server_linux_ft.sh and adjusted the sh file setting to the new server-ft.cfg.

I started the new server with

Quote:./server_linux_ft.sh -sessionid freakzillaft

So far its working.

Thanks.

(02-09-2013, 08:03 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: You need to use different session IDs for each instance, otherwise they will share databases and thus overwrite eachother's files. This is why we have lock files to prevent this.

You need to pass the argument -sessionid blahblah to the server_linux.sh script to use a different session id. Make the session id "readable" enough, because it appears in the database filenames and helps you identify them. You don't need different config files or directories, those can be shared. I think you can use +serverconfig MySecondServer.cfg as argument to use something else than server.cfg as config file, so you don't even need to edit the launching script (but feel free to!)
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

-sessionid ft would work too, it doesn't need to be unique across all Xonotic servers, it's just a local identifier Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can't see my listen server on server list fnmain 1 673 10-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Grimnack
  Server not visible on the server browser for others or me DankoLord 1 1,819 02-21-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  BaI server | South American Xonotic server (located in Chile) z411 0 2,754 01-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: z411
  Full server tutorial start-2-finish with maps & config from live server xonotic.us.to ballerburg9005 0 8,046 09-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Question [NEED HELP] Server uses 40% CPU whereas Nexuiz server runs with max 10% e-pig 6 4,965 08-19-2020, 10:17 PM
  [NEED HELP] Server dont appear in server browser abslimit 0 2,578 03-15-2020, 04:13 AM
Last Post: abslimit
  How to change server cfg on modified server veecho 4 4,318 04-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Deploying a server across multiple machines ar5n1c 1 1,958 11-21-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic Server crashes TF2 server Professor 2 2,950 02-20-2018, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Professor
  I made a PHP script to auto manage download locations for multiple servers evilkittie 0 2,699 07-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Last Post: evilkittie