Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] new editor

Carmack tweeted this, don't know much because I'm not an expert
http://kristianduske.com/trenchbroom/

Hmm, workflow reminds me a bit of Google's Scetch-up, which is a good thing in my book.

Would be nice if someone would make it Xonotic compatible.

Edit: Great to see an open-source project to come with such awesome documentation right from the start btw.

It does say quake 1 though. Not sure if the .map format is the same or whether it supports custom entity definitions.

(03-02-2013, 02:54 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: It does say quake 1 though. Not sure if the .map format is the same or whether it supports custom entity definitions.

There are differences in the formats but you can convert between them with some manual editing. I wouldn't recommend this as a strategy really. It would be much better that support for the Q3 format is added to it and I think if it takes off then this will happen.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

The guys from Unvaquished are interested too, so maybe someone could work together with them to have Q3 mapping support?

If someone decides to add Quake 3 support, I would appreciate it if you could get in touch with me first (I'm the author). I am interested in adding Quake 2 and Quake 3 support as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] New toys not new any more? BuddyFriendGuy 11 9,142 05-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy