Create an account

Poll: Do we want the TAG Seeker back? (PUBLIC POLL)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
62.30%
38 62.30%
No
31.15%
19 31.15%
Don't care
3.28%
2 3.28%
Mutually Inexclusive Polls... never mind
3.28%
2 3.28%
Total 61 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAG Seeker

(05-10-2010, 04:24 PM)The mysterious Mr. 4m Wrote: ... Lazer sending you to the other side of the map ...
Seconded, at least for the laser part.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

The mysterious Mr. 4m Wrote:... Lazer sending you to the other side of the map ...
That sounds a bit extreme... I'm all for more "push" (I like to play with much higher values for g_balance_hagar_primary_force and g_balance_hlac_primary_force) but a launch like that would completely break maps like BlastedLands, where (a) in CTF, you could just jump to the enemy flag and back, and (b) going "out of bounds" gets you killed.
Humans... Dodgy

"There is no problem that cannot be solved by a judicious application of carnivorous dinosaurs." -JayIsGames.com

Horrible idea. Would completely break all maps. But then again, you were joking, so ha ha.

can we try a couple differnt configuration

(05-13-2010, 07:18 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Horrible idea. Would completely break all maps. But then again, you were joking, so ha ha.
This is not meant to be default balance Big Grin But yeah - I also miss some ultra-weirdly balanced servers where you can have fun discovering how the hell did they changed every gun Tongue And getting smashed with one shotgun shot fired 50 meters away.

95% of the servers would use the standard balance though.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

I very much like this idea. I never figured out the TAG seeker, but now hat I know what it does, I would like to try it again.

and yeah, balanced weapons are boring :p
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

I watched the video...And I LOL'd

[Image: sig2.png]
Check out my site: www.alisdairrankine.com!

I'm only against this due to the fact that the hagar secondary was meant to be a _better_ version of the FLAC... Although to be fair it's different enough anyway.

I suppose i'd be fine with it if we could make the hagar secondary differ from the seeker secondary more. Perhaps a new hagar secondary?

The TAG secondary was meant to stop and explode rockets in front of the player - why don't we just make it so that it does this? Hagar secondary bounce makes it fairly unique, I think.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

I think Sam means the hagar secondary in his rebalance mod (which might be the current official balance set, I'm not sure anymore). That doesn't bounce off walls like in 2.5.2, it instead fires rounds faster, that detonate about 5 meters out like flak. Useful as a close in attack.

The tag seeker's secondary was actually mostly useless as a close ranged attack though because it was just too close in for its ammo cost and very wide spread. Only useful for detonating incoming missiles (well missiles from other tag seekers at least).
(04-01-2010, 11:21 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Yes, beveled edges are more futuristic. Like BSG and their beveled paper.
But only on one edge.

But that is not what this poll is about. It is configuration parameters, and these can and will get changed for a better experience.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

(05-20-2010, 10:53 PM)Flying Steel Wrote: Only useful for detonating incoming missiles (well missiles from other tag seekers at least).

As I said, it's not effective enough. Maybe a denser field so you could stop all sorts of rockets, for a price of ammo.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Voted yes, naturally Smile

(05-21-2010, 06:02 PM)Roanoke Wrote:
(05-20-2010, 10:53 PM)Flying Steel Wrote: Only useful for detonating incoming missiles (well missiles from other tag seekers at least).

As I said, it's not effective enough. Maybe a denser field so you could stop all sorts of rockets, for a price of ammo.

Agreed.
(04-01-2010, 11:21 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Yes, beveled edges are more futuristic. Like BSG and their beveled paper.
But only on one edge.

I also think that the primary should fire more rockets.

make each rocket half as powerful, but double the number of rockets fired, (and maybe make them fire faster) That way, you have a better chance of dodging some of the rockets.

also, it would look cooler.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Given each seeking rocket has to run quite a bit of code every server frame, and server frames being much smaller (server runs at much higher frequency now then it did when the gun was designed) having 8+ per volley aren't a really good idea, and 8+ also sounds quite spammy to me (imagine 4 counterintuitive hits over some distance, thats 32 rockets that need to be calculated and rendered with all their effects & trails..).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another new gamemode, Freeze Tag FruitieX 16 15,994 01-17-2011, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  New gametype: "Tag" FruitieX 16 17,785 01-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Last Post: nowego4