Create an account

Poll: Ya wanna hav mods??
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
10 66.67%
No
20.00%
3 20.00%
I don't care
13.33%
2 13.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] No more forks! Mods please!

Rainbow 
I'd like to say:

NO MORE FORKS!
NO MORE FORKS!
NO MORE FORKS!
NO MORE FORKS!
NO MORE FORKS!
NO MORE FORKS!
NO MORE FORKS!

No more forks, folks! Whe can do everything! Without need to divide the community! The name of the solution is...

MODS!
MODS!
MODS!
MODS!
MODS!
MODS!
MODS!
Is there any way that mods can be easily handled in the game? If not, let's talk about it... how do we want the mods to work?

We don't need to fork the game to make it have mines and granades, special ammo types, vehicles, realistic movement model or anthing else - all of that can just be an optional mod!
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

"all of that can just be an optional mod!"

It can be in the game but toggleable by a cvar.
But NO, the players that need to /control/ everything (even though they don't make anything) won't have that.
They caused this fork by getting LordHavok to delete the hard work of other devs (like Tzork's weapons).
They want to cause another by not allowing mines to exist in the game (even though you can just toggle them away with g_weapon_replace). The players are childish tyrants who /must/ have the game their way and cannot accept the _existance_ of features they don't like. You can't even say "if you want that, make it yourself" because what they want is things /not/ to exist. I guess the new features make them feel foolish and bad because the devs are making lots of things (the coders, artists, etc) but the players (by definition) aren't doing anything other than giving "support" (talk)...

This fork is mostly prompted by another reason though. We cannot use "mods" to circumvent the trust abuse issue by alienTRAP. The only way out of that WAS becoming independent.

Rainbow 
I don't say that forking from Nexuiz was a bad idea. I think it is good.

But once we are here we don't need to fork again, please don't fight each other! Let's cooperate!
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

lol looks like someone got a little paranoid at the mines or grenades thread.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

And about mines/grenades: I'd be fine with grenades, but would not like the mines (didn't work out that well on the Fireball, do we need a SECOND kind of mines?).

However, that just means I won't code them. I see no reason to not add them if someone makes a clean patch for them... I would then just oppose placing them on any official map Tongue

My only concern is with keeping the code stable and not worsen its quality. If that is ensured, anything can go in as long as it doesn't affect "official core gameplay".

(05-09-2010, 09:33 AM)Trees Wrote: "all of that can just be an optional mod!"

It can be in the game but toggleable by a cvar.
But NO, the players that need to /control/ everything (even though they don't make anything) won't have that.
They caused this fork by getting LordHavok to delete the hard work of other devs (like Tzork's weapons).
They want to cause another by not allowing mines to exist in the game (even though you can just toggle them away with g_weapon_replace). The players are childish tyrants who /must/ have the game their way and cannot accept the _existance_ of features they don't like. You can't even say "if you want that, make it yourself" because what they want is things /not/ to exist. I guess the new features make them feel foolish and bad because the devs are making lots of things (the coders, artists, etc) but the players (by definition) aren't doing anything other than giving "support" (talk)...

Module - a self-contained component (unit or item) that is used in combination with other components
[Image: optsig.png]

[Image: Fork%20Glasses.jpg]

Fixed poll.

[Image: 3fznou8punpthudmhn7mweq.png]

[Image: 129150508104266106.jpg]

[Image: cfiles36224.jpg]

I see this is a happy thread, alright then Big Grin

[Image: Giant-Fork-On-Car.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] [QoL] Disable hearing your own SFXs so you can focus more on what matters lerh050 0 632 09-06-2022, 11:18 AM
Last Post: lerh050
  [SUGGESTION] Making Vanilla more enjoyable for Newbies Halogene 66 36,616 01-11-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] Please update the menu UI. liquidjerome 5 4,268 04-27-2017, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  [SUGGESTION] Use more music tracks in new maps Lee_Stricklin 2 3,421 02-17-2017, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] New toys not new any more? BuddyFriendGuy 11 9,154 05-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] need more sunny maps like Solarium zwz 15 14,449 10-25-2015, 01:01 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
Rainbow [SUGGESTION] More noob-friendly Xonotic: improvements that don't sacrifice gameplay lamefun 24 26,610 07-31-2015, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Drauts
Sad [SUGGESTION] There should be more improvement (should be added yet) Eonman 5 4,882 05-27-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Ogger73
Brick [SUGGESTION] Xonstat - additional stats in stats for more stats rad dj flimflam 3 4,399 05-19-2015, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] more discreet Sound for Devastator (RL) JoeMaro 4 5,357 02-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Last Post: JoeMaro