Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Can you save maps you download whilst playing online?

Can you save maps you download whilst playing online?
Any ideas?
axe.

You already have them downloaded! How else would you play them Wink

The maps are stored in the "dlcache" directory in your personal Xonotic directory. The place where that directory is stored depends on your operating system. The easiest way to find out where it is is to start xonotic, press shift escape to open the Xonotic console and type
Code:
which config.cfg
This will tell you where config.cfg (your configuration file) is located, and dlcache is in the same place.

can you save downloaded maps whilst playing online?
oops should mention x64 on windows 7.
axe

I answered this a few minutes ago, did I not?
http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php...8#pid57328

Is it possible once the maps have downloaded and stored themselves (found now thanx) to play them whilst offline?
axe

I merged your thread back into the original one. This really doesn't need three threads.

You can move those maps from dlcache to the parent directory. They should show up in the "create" menu, or should also be usable with the "chmap" command in the console if you know about that.

Thanx Mr Bougo
Very helpful sussed the forum bit now as well.

OK moved the downloaded maps into the data folder and can access them now in single player wicked but how do I drop a few bots in to the mix?
axe

there is a "number of bots" option in "create" menu.
So using this you can drop a few bots into the mix.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Using the create menu isn't that multi-player online forcing you to create a server?
cant you create an offline game with it?
Soz im a newbie.
axe

Every singleplayer game in Xonotic is basically a server and a client running on the same machine, but the server component is not made public and blocks outside connections. You can check this by opening the console (shift escape) and typing in
Code:
sv_public
If that tells you sv_public is set to 0 or something negative, that means the server is not accepting any extra human players.

As far as I know, the "create" menu should not turn sv_public on, and your game should be private.

Thanx Mr Bougo got it now big help. Shame most of the custom maps have no bot waypoints but I have managed to put a few in using Kuniu's link.
Great game and support.!!
axe.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Can't hear the announcer voice anymore gianmarco 4 511 01-16-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: gianmarco
  [INVALID] Resolution can't be changed Majki 17 13,114 08-14-2022, 02:41 AM
Last Post: FAF
  [NEED HELP] Can't set 2k resolution noteven 4 2,911 05-07-2021, 02:33 PM
Last Post: noteven
  [NEED HELP] Can't join anymore fenjrill 5 3,076 07-17-2020, 07:04 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Sudden loss of sound in Xonotic, can not get it to return. SeveredinTwain 5 3,926 03-26-2020, 05:55 AM
Last Post: FAF
  [SOLVED] how can i get defrag entities in netradiant? bananovenc 5 3,567 01-03-2020, 11:31 AM
Last Post: SpiKe
Question [NEED HELP] can't build netradiant (SOLVED) bananovenc 7 4,418 12-25-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: illwieckz
  [SOLVED] Can't click on my name in XonStats TheChrississin 4 2,599 03-09-2019, 10:24 AM
Last Post: falco
  [NEED HELP] No more music online? Aguaumreal 1 1,649 02-19-2019, 05:09 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [NEED HELP] How can i swap my account on a different pc? GTFO 1 1,904 11-23-2018, 12:42 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy