Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!)

Well as the title suggests, I would like to make the second xonotic community frag movie, after recording over 50 of my own clips I already have a good starting ground to begin with, and hopefully it will get people to submit there demos/footage, I will combine any league demos into the video also.

I already have a piece of music I wish to use which is 17 minutes long all one track.

Footage from any game-type from the following:-

Duel, TDM, CTF, Assault, Minstagib, Overkill CTF and any other fragging game mode.

So send your airshots, pixel nex shots, holy shit flag saves, shotgun slaps, quadruns, aim runs, spawn frags, flag captures and whatever crazy stuff you have to me.

It would be nice to get demos from all the main sub communities, EU, NA, AU etc.
Any questions ask here.
Please link me to your demos in this thread please.

Demo submission deadline is the 10th May.

That includes you also Thimo with that ospdm5 demo you told me about!

I require the time when the frag/s occur also, use the HUD clock and tell me if yours counts down or up.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Topic sticky now. Smile

Nice, thanks Mirio!

What do people think about some custom sounds, or if someone could make some new one's. Would it be that important or improve the production?
I just know a lot of outside people always seem to mention the game sounds.

Need someone who can help me with logo's and such - Archer? Big Grin

(04-10-2013, 12:50 PM)kojn^ Wrote: Nice, thanks Mirio!

What do people think about some custom sounds, or if someone could make some new one's. Would it be that important or improve the production?
I just know a lot of outside people always seem to mention the game sounds.

Need someone who can help me with logo's and such - Archer? Big Grin

I'm in for it after my exams (after this week basically) Smile
[Image: 4766.png]
[My personal website: AquaNova ] - <> - [Ingame: <PsyX> :::: <-Archer-< :::: ]

What kind of help with logos do you need? Maybe i can help, i am pretty capable with 2d still image applications (adobe graphics suite & corel suite)
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

I will let you know nearer the time, I have to plan a lot of it out in my head at the moment and once I have frags I can plan more to the music/soundtrack Smile

For now, submit demo's people!

i am gona send my frags, also i am thinking of sending mirio's and other ppl demos from 2v2 cup Big Grin i hope kojn u will deliver proper movie Smile and not deley it for 5 years Smile
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

zeroql you lazy ass! Tongue

Your community video took a few months zeroql and so will thie :p.
Will make it as best I can of my abilities!

(04-11-2013, 09:30 AM)kojn^ Wrote: Your community video took a few months zeroql and so will thie :p.

Proper movies takes time Smile
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy

Frag movies don't need running commentary but if you'd like anything voiced at all let me know. Game modes, player names, annouce who vs. who, whatever works, if anything. I can just give you the samples and you can use them wherever. There's a quick mic check demo in my sig. No fancy effects there, probably would use some for a video, if it works.
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
Announcer mic check and forum thread.
http://soundcloud.com/voodoo-electron

(04-11-2013, 03:12 PM)zeroql Wrote:
(04-11-2013, 09:30 AM)kojn^ Wrote: Your community video took a few months zeroql and so will thie :p.

Proper movies takes time Smile

So my two movies beforehand weren't proper movies?

Thanks also bitbomb, if I need anything I will give you a shout Smile

(04-11-2013, 05:07 PM)bitbomb Wrote: Frag movies don't need running commentary but if you'd like anything voiced at all let me know. Game modes, player names, annouce who vs. who, whatever works, if anything. I can just give you the samples and you can use them wherever. There's a quick mic check demo in my sig. No fancy effects there, probably would use some for a video, if it works.

Your voice is amazing! kojn you should use his stuff for movie, also i might use your voice for video matches for youtube (player vs player,3,2,1, fight) etc

Really short OK demo: http://ompldr.org/vaTJ6bg - check out that frag at -18:15!

Oh and kojn, if you include OK stuff in your movie make sure you use the OK playermodels... seems like OK folks don't like it when you have standard Xonotic models in there Wink
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

(04-12-2013, 08:36 PM)zeroql Wrote:
(04-11-2013, 05:07 PM)bitbomb Wrote: Frag movies don't need running commentary but if you'd like anything voiced at all let me know. Game modes, player names, annouce who vs. who, whatever works, if anything. I can just give you the samples and you can use them wherever. There's a quick mic check demo in my sig. No fancy effects there, probably would use some for a video, if it works.

Your voice is amazing! kojn you should use his stuff for movie, also i might use your voice for video matches for youtube (player vs player,3,2,1, fight) etc

Thanks a million, man! Been working on the new announcer pack, and thought it would be cool to use the same 'xonotic voice' in videos and stuff. Any phrases you need that you don't already hear just say the word. Everything I do will be released GPL style.

My audio interface died recently, right after I did that mic check with the new tube preamp, so I need to replace it. It's looking like next week or the week after, but hopefully next week. Once I replace the interface I'm back in business and can provide any voicing anyone needs. The announcer script is huge (250+ phrases?), so I'll be chipping away at that for a while. But short scripts for stuff like videos or anything else I can deliver within a few days of the request. When I have the new interface I'll include something about voice requests in my sig, I would be beyond happy to voice anything Xonotic related that anyone needs.

The player handles that aren't pronounced phonetically or that I haven't heard pronounced I'd need to know how to properly pronounce them. There's nothing more disrespectful than pronouncing someone's name incorrectly Big Grin

Thanks again, I'm so glad I can provide something that works for Xonotic!
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
Announcer mic check and forum thread.
http://soundcloud.com/voodoo-electron

I'll be back home shortly so I can watch the demos I have received (thanks zykure & zeroql).

So far I have demos from the following players:

Myself,
ZeRoQL,
Diomedes
Cortez
zykure
Smilecythe
Pendulla
Kuniuthefrogg
fisume

Keep submitting stuff please guys, the more I get the better it is for me as it give's me more footage to select from!

Here's my demos (times included in a text file). I may upload some more some time if I get good ones/find good ones: http://ai.kurotorobert.com/xonotic/demos...i_demos.7z
[Image: duck.gif]
ai am ai.

Fix the avatar size limit please! I want my avatar gifs back! DISCRIMINATION!
Also, change my name to 'ai', these forums sucks which can't have 2 letters in the nick!

You know what kojn, at the end of the movie, if you have credits rolling up or something, why not include funny or horrendous play from the same players? Would be funny to have the best players make stupid mistakes and utterly play bad. Smile
This is nothing new for a frag movie but fun to watch. Entertainment is good.
[Image: duck.gif]
ai am ai.

Fix the avatar size limit please! I want my avatar gifs back! DISCRIMINATION!
Also, change my name to 'ai', these forums sucks which can't have 2 letters in the nick!

(04-15-2013, 09:37 AM)Seijiro Wrote: You know what kojn, at the end of the movie, if you have credits rolling up or something, why not include funny or horrendous play from the same players? Would be funny to have the best players make stupid mistakes and utterly play bad. Smile
This is nothing new for a frag movie but fun to watch. Entertainment is good.

Yay I'm all for "outtakes" at the end, that would be pretty awesome! Big Grin

@Kojn: Some nice frags... fragtimes encoded in filename (I hope that's convenient? Like, ..._0100+0025.dem means there's stuff at -01:00 and -00:25 mins):
http://ompldr.org/vaTN0dQ

@Sejiro: w00t double-post .. just hope MrBougo doesn't notice :>
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

Can't really do that ai with the track I have selected and it's kind of not in line with the style of movie I'll be going for Smile

Kojn, here are two more frags if you need to fill in your movie Big Grin

Demo with screenshots of times

Attached Files
.zip   vsSpikeHub.zip (Size: 2.26 MB / Downloads: 2)
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

Quick update:

I have recorded over 60 clips so far (majority of them are mine so far).
I have received so far in excess of 80 demos so thank you all who have submitted demos so far! However a lot of the demos are coming from the same people unfortunately.
People I would expect to have submitted demo's - haven't.
I still require more demos/footage, the more I have the more stuff I have to choose from to slot into the video, greater options it gives me.
Video length will be between 15-18 minutes long.

I will put some imagines & maybe a bit of footage/trailer sometime in the future in the screenshot/videos thread.

Just over 2 weeks left to submit demos to me.

A demo of a 4v4tdm on Deep Inside where Mirio and me do 2 nice coop-frags near mega armor.
Time: ~16:15, clock counting up.

Debugger's POV: http://www.sendspace.com/file/nkbpf4
Mirio's POV: http://xonotic-gaming.org/_files/Mirio/2...nex_r2.dem

Thanks, will check them tomorrow.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Community tournament movie RazorDodger 5 2,602 01-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  DOXA TOURNAMENT - Frag movie zeroql 0 1,667 04-26-2020, 04:46 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  [Frag movie] Mirification #9 Mirio 4 3,764 03-14-2020, 01:33 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  SEND DEMOS for a Community Frag Movie 2018 Smilecythe 13 9,658 12-26-2019, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Solid
Video Xonotic frag movie betas zeroql 0 1,859 08-08-2019, 04:24 AM
Last Post: zeroql
  Demos from the Crypt (Xonotic VIDEO) kojn^ 7 4,773 02-02-2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  [Frag movie] Mirification #8 Mirio 0 3,964 02-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [Fragmovie] [BOT] Movie IV Mirio 6 5,848 09-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SilenceKiller
Video Xonotic: Movie collection zeroql 8 13,896 05-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  F*CKMEGEDDON: A Xonotic Frag Movie Smilecythe 15 14,796 12-20-2016, 01:23 PM