Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!)

Don't trust him!
[Image: optsig.png]

I need help with my effectinfo file,

My nexbeam colour where the shot ends and begins is purple, the beam is blue. The purple colour needs to be changed to the same colour as the beam.

I need to get it changed so that I can continue with editing/recording on Wednesday (Editing day).

File is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5940...ctinfo.txt

First person to fix it, wins a prize.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(03-31-2014, 03:13 PM)kojn^ Wrote: I need help with my effectinfo file,

My nexbeam colour where the shot ends and begins is purple, the beam is blue. The purple colour needs to be changed to the same colour as the beam.

I need to get it changed so that I can continue with editing/recording on Wednesday (Editing day).

File is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5940...ctinfo.txt

First person to fix it, wins a prize.

I don't encourage anyone to fix the file for him, he should finally learn how to do this himself.

I've done a lot of effectinfo jobs for him, even explained how to do it twice, yet he still asks for such simple tasks, with increasing rudeness...
Perhaps someone could send him a full guide with information about editing effectinfo.txt?
[Image: 230.png]

What, a call for abstaining from supporting someone on this forum?

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. If kojn was some lazy dumbass that wouldn't care to put any own effort into Xonotic, then ok, maybe asking same or 98% same stuff time and time again can be considered annoying and time being spent helping a waste. But kojn already spends a LOT of his own time reviewing demos, selecting passages from them, composing and editing the video. If he just can't be arsed to take up the additional effort to understand the effectinfo file, why not have him ask others to support him here? If you're good at video editing but suck at editing, I don't see the necessity to learn what you suck at as well, especially if you already show quite some commitment with the editing part.

If he's approaching you personally on IRC or wherever with rudeness, that's an issue between you two, I see no rudeness in his post.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

I'd prefer it if a MOD Just removed the post, I already stated my reasoning on IRC, we already discussed this on IRC. I have tried editing the effectinfo and end up changing more options then I need to which also effects the setup.

Wednesday and the odd weekend now is the only time I realistically have to do a lot of work on the video.

As Halogene added I put a lot of time into it already, as I already stated also on IRC I put a lot of hours in doing betting related activities and also running a blog related to that.

I wouldnt be asking for help unless I needed it, I accidently overwrote my old file before, I now backup my configs etc on dropbox so once I have a fixed effectinfo I wont need it changing again.

(04-01-2014, 04:34 AM)Halogene Wrote: What, a call for abstaining from supporting someone on this forum?

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. If kojn was some lazy dumbass that wouldn't care to put any own effort into Xonotic, then ok, maybe asking same or 98% same stuff time and time again can be considered annoying and time being spent helping a waste. But kojn already spends a LOT of his own time reviewing demos, selecting passages from them, composing and editing the video. If he just can't be arsed to take up the additional effort to understand the effectinfo file, why not have him ask others to support him here? If you're good at video editing but suck at editing, I don't see the necessity to learn what you suck at as well, especially if you already show quite some commitment with the editing part.

If he's approaching you personally on IRC or wherever with rudeness, that's an issue between you two, I see no rudeness in his post.

I'm not saying no-one should support him.

The changes he requires take no time at all, but he's going to the trouble of asking others to edit the file for him and send entire new revisions of the file. After so many small requests, it would be better support to show him how to change 1 "color" value to another, than waste more of his time doing it for him.

(04-01-2014, 08:27 AM)Mario Wrote: I'm not saying no-one should support him.

The changes he requires take no time at all, but he's going to the trouble of asking others to edit the file for him and send entire new revisions of the file. After so many small requests, it would be better support to show him how to change 1 "color" value to another, than waste more of his time doing it for him.

Then why don't you do that? How else would he learn without someone else helping? The only other option is trial and error via changing things and observing - tedious, in a couple hours yesterday i got through only a precious few lines.

It seems as though you are one of the few people with knowledge like this. it would be best for you, therefore to make the guide you suggested others make, as you would have no more requests or pestilence from any of us, including kojn and I :o)

(04-01-2014, 11:16 AM)fa1nt Wrote: Then why don't you do that? How else would he learn without someone else helping? The only other option is trial and error via changing things and observing - tedious, in a couple hours yesterday i got through only a precious few lines.

It seems as though you are one of the few people with knowledge like this. it would be best for you, therefore to make the guide you suggested others make, as you would have no more requests or pestilence from any of us, including kojn and I :o)

I don't know enough about it to write a full detailed guide of how the file works.

What I do know, is that one just needs to search the file itself for what they want, and it almost always comes up.

For example, to replace the nex beam color to blue:
I don't know how the color scheme works, but finding the color is simple - search the file for "blue" and copy the "color" field from the first result;
Search the file for "nex beam" - nex beam effect will show up as first result;
Replace the "color" field under nex beam with the "color" field from the blue effect.

I figured this out myself, it shouldn't require so much outside assistance.

Or just show how Xonotic actually looks like. xaxaxaxaxaxa

(04-01-2014, 12:09 PM)Mirio Wrote: Or just show how Xonotic actually looks like. xaxaxaxaxaxa

that's what he was trying to do iirc, get the rest of the purple out of the beam back to blue Tongue

Well if I can't get it fixed by tomorrow, wont be any editing done and another week will pass.

(04-01-2014, 02:11 PM)fa1nt Wrote:
(04-01-2014, 12:09 PM)Mirio Wrote: Or just show how Xonotic actually looks like. xaxaxaxaxaxa

that's what he was trying to do iirc, get the rest of the purple out of the beam back to blue Tongue

Then you just need to use the default file, duh.

It's fixed now.

Managed to get a lot of editing done today, aiming for release next month.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Community tournament movie RazorDodger 5 2,602 01-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  DOXA TOURNAMENT - Frag movie zeroql 0 1,667 04-26-2020, 04:46 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  [Frag movie] Mirification #9 Mirio 4 3,764 03-14-2020, 01:33 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  SEND DEMOS for a Community Frag Movie 2018 Smilecythe 13 9,655 12-26-2019, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Solid
Video Xonotic frag movie betas zeroql 0 1,859 08-08-2019, 04:24 AM
Last Post: zeroql
  Demos from the Crypt (Xonotic VIDEO) kojn^ 7 4,773 02-02-2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  [Frag movie] Mirification #8 Mirio 0 3,964 02-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [Fragmovie] [BOT] Movie IV Mirio 6 5,848 09-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SilenceKiller
Video Xonotic: Movie collection zeroql 8 13,896 05-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  F*CKMEGEDDON: A Xonotic Frag Movie Smilecythe 15 14,796 12-20-2016, 01:23 PM