Create an account

Poll: What do you think of the multiple frag messages?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I think this is a needed feature
45.45%
5 45.45%
I think this is not needed
54.55%
6 54.55%
I think it's to much information on the screen at once - you better turn all hud of cos I don't see my enemies!
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Multiple frag messages

Lightbulb 
Hello, I was thinking of it for a long time...

Wouldn't it be nice if on the game all the "you fragged ---", "you have been fragged by ---" and "watch your step" messages were stacking? By now if you for example frag two players with one shot - only one message will be displayed. If you kill someone and get killed at the same time - you will miss one message.

This is my little concept art for this:

I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Dont you see this information in the top left corner?
If it were implented as in your concept, you should be able to turn it off, cause i guess it would be bothering in the long run.

In any case i dont think its a very pressing issue, but it probably wouldnt take much time to implement this on the other hand.

could be good if you only show the latest 3

Proper kill feed > this.

Is already planned, but by replacing both the centerprint and the message in the top left by a single message in a special panel.

Your poll is FAIL Wink

Alright, my polls are fail, but you can't say they aren't funny (at least) Big Grin
Just... a little bit... no? ... oh. I shut up.

Wink

Ad rem:

What do you, parasti mean?:
Quote:Proper kill feed

Quote:could be good if you only show the latest 3
Three or four i'd say. The best if this number is configurable and not hard-coded.

Quote:single message in a special panel.

Will it get rid of the lost messages?

I found the centerprints disturbing sometimes - they ocasionally made me not see my target Tongue

BTW: sorry for weird quoting this time, It was manual
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Fixed another poll.

(05-11-2010, 08:10 PM)DiaboliK Wrote: Fixed another poll.
Good that I have a screenshot of the best moment...

I wouldn't mind, as long I could choose to turn it off Tongue
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Ignore function for messages emesde 9 9,138 04-27-2021, 07:36 PM
Last Post: sfkyale
  [SUGGESTION] Multiple Announcers for Xonotic LukeLC 16 17,556 01-04-2019, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Aguaumreal
  [SUGGESTION] Not "stacking" sound messages when minimized rafallus 1 2,381 06-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Last Post: rocknroll237
Wink [SUGGESTION] New messages when you commit suicide Wii-Wii 42 34,669 06-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Sepelio
Brick [SUGGESTION] Multiple and/or alternative packages unfa 4 4,181 05-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Last Post: unfa