Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic DM server setup

Hey guys, I don't often play xonotic because there aren't many deathmatch servers, but I'm thinking of starting a small DM server with a little bit of port forwarding. Can anyone tell me the Xonotic Port? (IE: Terraria, 7777). I know it's sort of pointless to create a xonotic server, but my main goal is to move people away from CTF and back to the real stuff (I love DM). Also, I want to target people playing nexuiz. I think that xonotic balances the weapons and is better for DM, so I want to see if I can move people onto that. Also, does xonotic require TCP or UDP or both? One more thing. Xonotic is a great game, but it needs more work and content. The Devs sort of stopped creating content, and I think that with some work and promotion, the game could get onto steam greenlight and into steam. Who thinks that getting Xonotic onto greenlight is a good idea?

Hello PaperCutWeasel and welcome to Xonotic!

You may have missed that part where it says that you should search the forum before posting. There were lot of discussion about Steam and whether it´s good or not for Xonotic. Read this thread for more information: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=421

Concerning your poll:
Please correct the choices or maybe remove them! They don´t give us the freedom to speak out what we really think and seal our opinions.

(05-20-2013, 10:11 AM)PaperCutWeasel Wrote: [...] my main goal is to move people away from CTF and back to the real stuff (I love DM).
Why do you want to do that? Sounds like you want to force people to their "good". Also why is DM more "real" / better than CTF? That´s just personal preference and shouldn´t be applied to every player!

(05-20-2013, 10:11 AM)PaperCutWeasel Wrote: Xonotic is a great game, but it needs more work and content. The Devs sort of stopped creating content, [...]
Probably the game needs more content. Though the good thing is that it´s an open-source project so everybody can help improving it! Why don´t you consider to do so or at least tell other people so?

I agree with Maddin's post. We can't force people to provide content! If you want to help, feel free.

I removed your poll since it's redundant with the discussion Maddin linked to.

As for your original question, the port is UDP 26000. The port number is given in the server configuration file and in the readme.txt, both of which you should pay close attention to Wink (granted, none of them mention UDP).

Oh come on, folks, he is just voicing his opinion. Wink
[Image: 11878.png]

Out of curiosity what was the poll's option?

Anyway, welcome to Xomotic and feel free to try to force peoples out of CTF, there isn't really anyone to force since most peoples play vehicle/minsta/ok or pickup games anyway. Smile

(05-20-2013, 02:34 PM)machine! Wrote: Out of curiosity what was the poll's option?

Anyway, welcome to Xomotic and feel free to try to force peoples out of CTF, there isn't really anyone to force since most peoples play vehicle/minsta/ok or pickup games anyway. Smile

The poll asked whether we should push for inclusion into greenlight, which is pretty much what the other thread is all about. Rediscussing it here would be pointless, and so would be voting here without discussing the votes.

Oh, thanks for informing!

Ah, apologies for the misunderstanding. I guess I jumped in head first without browsing the forum. I did use the search bar to try and find other topics containing steam, and I guess I didn't search thoroughly enough. I'm not really new to Xonotic, because I used to play it a lot, and i used to play a ton of Nexuiz. Also, looking back I did seem a bit blunt when voicing my opinions on DM and Minsta CTF. I don't hate minsta, really. In fact, I think it can be really fun on maps like that soccer field map. I just wish that there were more DM servers. I rarely ever see a DM server with more than 2 or 3 people, and most of the time their pings are over the roof. Also, I will remove the poll, since it's redundant. As for content, I'm very limited in 3D modeling, and I can't texture very well. I just don't have enough skill with modeling and texturing to do any re-skins or new vehicle models.

Sorry about my rash post Confused

Also, how to I take down the poll? I can't seem to find it anywhere

(05-22-2013, 11:27 AM)PaperCutWeasel Wrote: Ah, apologies for the misunderstanding. I guess I jumped in head first without browsing the forum. I did use the search bar to try and find other topics containing steam, and I guess I didn't search thoroughly enough. I'm not really new to Xonotic, because I used to play it a lot, and i used to play a ton of Nexuiz. Also, looking back I did seem a bit blunt when voicing my opinions on DM and Minsta CTF. I don't hate minsta, really. In fact, I think it can be really fun on maps like that soccer field map. I just wish that there were more DM servers. I rarely ever see a DM server with more than 2 or 3 people, and most of the time their pings are over the roof. Also, I will remove the poll, since it's redundant. As for content, I'm very limited in 3D modeling, and I can't texture very well. I just don't have enough skill with modeling and texturing to do any re-skins or new vehicle models.

Sorry about my rash post Confused
Apology accepted. Smile There´s no need to to feel sorry about it as long as we can calmly talk about it. Wink

(05-22-2013, 11:27 AM)PaperCutWeasel Wrote: Also, how to I take down the poll? I can't seem to find it anywhere
Well, your poll was removed by a moderator so you can´t remove it again anyway. Wink But I guess if there was one you would have to edit your first post and take off the check mark where it says under your text edit field: "I want to post a poll".

Okay, thanks alot. Also, can you guys suggest a good Xonotic server I can play on in the meanwhile? Preferably DM, but Minsta/CTF/Vehicles is fine too. looking for one with lots of players too.

It all depends where you live, Beginners Delight DM(if you're new) and DCC DM will probably be good for you if you are in EU.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [NEED HELP] How to setup a LAN ? Sospi 1 502 02-07-2024, 08:28 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  I can't see my listen server on server list fnmain 1 673 10-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Grimnack
  Server not visible on the server browser for others or me DankoLord 1 1,820 02-21-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  BaI server | South American Xonotic server (located in Chile) z411 0 2,755 01-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: z411
  Full server tutorial start-2-finish with maps & config from live server xonotic.us.to ballerburg9005 0 8,049 09-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Question [NEED HELP] Server uses 40% CPU whereas Nexuiz server runs with max 10% e-pig 6 4,966 08-19-2020, 10:17 PM
  [NEED HELP] Server dont appear in server browser abslimit 0 2,578 03-15-2020, 04:13 AM
Last Post: abslimit
  How to change server cfg on modified server veecho 4 4,319 04-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Dedicated server setup Rec0d 5 8,205 04-03-2019, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Rec0d
  Server Setup for Dummies litvinenkotea 7 10,229 12-08-2018, 01:20 PM
Last Post: tehjester78