Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] csprog.dat hangs up

Xonotic 0.7 : already done Smile . The previous log were registered with xonotic 0.7.

The problem still happens, but no more on every server.

Thank you again, for everything.

(06-11-2013, 01:27 AM)Thuban Wrote: Xonotic 0.7 : already done Smile . The previous log were registered with xonotic 0.7.
Oh right, I saw 0.6 in your log but that was the server, not the client.

(06-11-2013, 01:27 AM)Thuban Wrote: The problem still happens, but no more on every server.

Thank you again, for everything.

I'm not fully satisfied with the outcome, but I'm glad you're happy. Wait for servers to migrate to 0.7 and we'll see how that goes Smile

Happy... well, my favourites server are still unreachable. But I thought I understood that server running 0.7 are reachable. let's see the future...

So, after a while, the problem still occurs.
BUT, there is no problem with servers who run xonotic 0.7

cprog.dat never download with git servers however.

What git servers are they? There is no guarantee that git servers are always running off the latest version.

Infact, the problem disappear with 0.7 server only.

I encounter the problem with (at least) :
- [MoN] Overkill [MOD] 87.250.159.246
- [0.6.0](DieTunichtguten.org) 84.201.39.201

It's expected that servers matching your version work fine, as you already have the csprogs from the download.

I don't think the issue is solved at all. We'll need to work on this some more.

(06-25-2013, 02:15 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: . We'll need to work on this some more.

Agreed. I suppose it's something that should be solved in the code, on on my computer...
I can't uderstand how I could be the only one with this problem.

divVerent says it's quite likely that a client firewall is at fault. Check your router and modem settings for anything you could disable. I forgot that the ICMP packet comes from your network interface... This is really disturbing.

Could you make another verbose tcpdump? I don't see the ICMP packets in the one you made earlier.

Also, I see you're on WLAN. Could you try to go wired?

EDIT: My guess is that large UDP packets are blocked at some point. They don't appear in your dump above (the ones I see in my tests have 1424 bytes of data: DarkPlaces fills up the remainder of its packet space with pending download data)

EDIT2: Try to change the "Speed" setting in the Settings > Misc tab to something lower. This should lower the packet size limit and perhaps let the packets through. That will help to test the hypothesis above.

EDIT3: Just to be clear, this might actually be on your router's side. Check its settings, see if you can disable some filtering or increase some anti-DDOS thresholds or similar settings.

You can find the result of tcpdump here : http://pastebin.yeuxdelibad.net/?c2614c5...FPwnwTvG8w=

I did this one without any protection : Computer firewall disabled, and router firewall off. I didn't find the access to options like DDOS filtering...

I also changed the speed "max download speed" and "connexion speed" without success.

I wonder if this can be a problem, but I have a little server behind my router (just to host a website). But is was working even when I had this server before...

I don't see any download request packet at all. Are you sure that dump includes the download failure?

Also, you said " But is was working even when I had this server before... ". Do you mean csprogs.dat downloads succeeded at one point?

Did you try to set the "speed" setting to the lowest possible? (56k). You can also try the extreme lowest value by opening up the xonotic console (shift escape) and typing:
Code:
rate 1000

Infact, I was able to play to any server before, even when this webserver was running. But one day, csprog.dat refused to download.

I did another record that you can read here : http://pastebin.yeuxdelibad.net/?0a8b9e5...oW0Rl3U95w=
Sorry for the first one, I'm not able to understand a dump, so maybe the first didn't contain interesting information.

I just tried with 56k and "rate 1000". Nothing seems different, csprog.dat just don't load.

I simply can't see the sv_startdownload packet that can be seen on your first verbose dump ( http://pastebin.fr/27678 line 3626).

We'll have to try things live. I suppose you're in France's timezone? When will you be available this weekend? If you're available, we will meet on IRC and I will set up a server for you to join, and I will dump my side of the communication as well, so we can get the full picture.

There is something similar to what you see at line 3626.
I repost it here : http://pastebin.fr/27831
Look at line 959

Thank you for you kindness.
Sadly, I won't be avaiable this weekend (last exams of my student life, I hope)...
But from wednesday next week I'll have more time.

If you agree, I will join you via PM at this moment?

ps : yes, its french timezone. Smile

Line 959 isn't quite what I was looking for, sorry :<

I'm actually quite busy right now, so we'll take care of that next week. Best of luck with your exams Smile

Thanks a ton for your patience too, I truly appreciate that.

(06-26-2013, 02:52 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Line 959 isn't quite what I was looking for, sorry :<
I told you, I'm not able to understand such things.
Quote:I'm actually quite busy right now, so we'll take care of that next week. Best of luck with your exams Smile
Thanks! Smile

Meanwhile, I wrote to my internet provider (not sure of translation)... Maybe they'll have an idea until next week.

Thank YOU for your patience Shy , between my poor english and my ineptitude...

We can actually continue in french later, when we speak in private, if you prefer so. Your english is good, no worries. And you aren't inept Tongue

After contacting my internet provider, I managed to successfully reset my router, and now I don't have any problem to join a server.

So the problem wasn't from wonotic, but only from a strange misconfiguration of my router.

Thank you a lot for all your advices. Smile

Whew. I'm very sorry about the way I handled this. I promised I would try to help some more but I failed to do it.

That said, I'm glad your ISP helped Big Grin

Thanks a lot for sticking around and not giving up!

(08-20-2013, 03:31 PM)Thuban Wrote: After contacting my internet provider, I managed to successfully reset my router, and now I don't have any problem to join a server.

So the problem wasn't from wonotic, but only from a strange misconfiguration of my router.

Thank you a lot for all your advices. Smile

What the misconfiguration it was like?
I just have the same problem. Downloading of csprogs hangs up. And I found strange thing -- from Linux all works fine, it is only the Windows problem. Unfortunately on Linux the game lagging even in low graphic settings and from a separate Xserver, so I should fix this network problem.

If it works fine in Linux but not in Windows, it's probably not the same issue. Do you have a firewall program in windows?

(12-30-2013, 03:02 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: If it works fine in Linux but not in Windows, it's probably not the same issue. Do you have a firewall program in windows?
Thank you for the answer. No, I have no any firewall installed now. Just now for some reason I have no even an antivirus program.
In Thuban's case, it was some misconfigured network settings, I think I have just the same problem. If I knew, what the misconfiguring it was...
UPD: I have no a router.

In Thuban's case, the problem was that his ISP or router blocked the packets containing csprogs. That would be independant of his operating system.

In your case, you're saying it works differently depending on the OS you use, so it's certainly not located further down the network than your PC.

That's right. I mean if I knew what the misconfiguration was with router -- it could give a hint to what to seek in network configuration of Windows. Because for now I have no idea what the problem with my network could be.

[offtop]Btw, the quote from your signature was told by Bill Gates[/offtop]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] How do you open dat files on linux? Beagle 10 7,871 04-21-2016, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  [SOLVED] Netradiant hangs on Windows 7 neXus 1 4,570 06-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Last Post: rocknroll237
  [SOLVED] Can't compile (progs.dat) monad 2 4,411 11-05-2010, 06:59 AM
Last Post: monad