Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome Game - Any NA Players?

Hey all.
I recently got this game about a week ago and was sad that I could hardly find any populated severs, but I finally found a game last night and this game is seriously a lot of fun.

So are there any NA players here? I'm primarily interested in DM / TDM / duels. I wouldn't call myself a vet at all - but I'm trying this out after about about a ~year of Quake Live so I wouldn't say I'm a total noob.

Is the IRC chat the best way to find players / games?

Hello.

(06-06-2013, 11:05 PM)Grindfox Wrote: Is the IRC chat the best way to find players / games?

Right now, yeah. But that's for EU and NA I guess - depends on the gamemodes and if you like to play with stronger players or just public play.
But for Duel and TDM I highly recommend #xonotic.pickup (QuakeNet), although the majority is EU thus the games are played in EU.
But there are NA players who do very good there with higher ping.
It's the best place to find people to Duel (fitting your skill) too.
Also we play CA and CTF pretty much.

Just join and try! Smile

You might also want to have a look at the Newbie Corner, to learn the ropes quicker. Welcome to Xonotic!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

ah you must be that ql grindfox that always kills me in ffa

I'm a north american noob that likes to play stuff, check out the smoke. clan too they got some good NA players

if all fails you can allways pwn me back in ql Tongue
[Image: 12766.png]
Sucks at weapons

spindaaaa

'murica

yup, I'm in texas. I'm always down to play. message me on irc or in-game

There are some NA players on my Freezetag server (Freeze MoFo) but the Camping Rifle is not everyones cup of tea. My ping from west coast Canada is 180ish if I put in the effort I can hold my own also with freezetag things get unpredictable as you can unfreeze your team mates so things can get interesting.

Also if you like vehicles that a great server to play on as you can still cause kill kill kill with high ping and score in CTF.

I did have a NA server but there are way more EU players so I moved it to Germany but it there is a demand I could restart a FT and Vehicle servers.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

To answer Grindfox's question: Yes, I'm in California. The best servers are Chase Xonotic 0.7.0 and Seattle Smokehouse. Hi end user!

(06-06-2013, 11:05 PM)Grindfox Wrote: Hey all.
I recently got this game about a week ago and was sad that I could hardly find any populated severs, but I finally found a game last night and this game is seriously a lot of fun.

So are there any NA players here? I'm primarily interested in DM / TDM / duels. I wouldn't call myself a vet at all - but I'm trying this out after about about a ~year of Quake Live so I wouldn't say I'm a total noob.

Hi Grindfox,
I'm from NH and I'm on the Atlanta/Seattle Smokehouse duel servers almost every night if you'd like to play. Welcome to Xonotic. Smile

I'm in Philly, I run a few servers from here as well. Definitely down for some DM (or really anything without hooks) Smile

I'm by Vancouver BC. Noticing more NA players in the last few weeks.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Yes I am a North America Player. I am from Minnesota and I just got the game recently as well. It is a good game.

(11-06-2015, 03:44 PM)RON1997 Wrote:

Yes I am a North America Player. I am from Minnesota and I just got the game recently as well. It is a good game.

NA players base had erroded even more. I'm just at the point of tweeking my servers so I can start spamming forums and etc.. to try to get more NA players.

I hope you succeed in finding more players. This game could really use them. There is practically no one online. I wish more people knew of this game.

Quote:I wish more people knew of this game.

You can help! Tell your friends, post on FB, etc. We need all the marketing help we can get.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players from Kazakhstan. Mysyk 2 1,948 08-25-2018, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Mysyk
  Calling all SA players! Tolgrath 4 12,438 05-20-2016, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Weldy Weldyface
Wink Hola CTF players! SkyStyler 2 2,866 08-21-2015, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  Hello to creators and players! William22 11 8,199 01-17-2013, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Faraday
  This... game... is... awesome. onpon4 10 9,071 12-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Last Post: unfa