Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sound engineer & musician reporting in

Hey guys

I used to be mildly involved with Nexuiz back in ye ole 1.x days, contributing sound effects and such. After 5 or so years, I'd love to jump back into a community-powered game. (Also, I really, really want this game to be leagues better than that anything that a certain small game company from Detroit could produce... ;) )

Anyway, I'd love to contribute music, sound effects, voice acting, and possibly programming (depending on how time permits). After mid-may school is over for me and I'll probably have a little more time on my hands.

________
For samples of my music, check out...

An orchestral battle sequence:
http://michaelb.org/music/music/symphoni...quence.mp3

Techy stuff, drum n bass:
http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/Tonal_Discrepancy

Spooky ambient stuff:
http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/44838

I also would be down for voice acting, as I have a good reading / narrative voice and am a native English speaker (I enjoy reading out loud a lot, in fact). I have okay recording equipment too.

(I guess this is the right forum?)

The symphonic battle sequence sounds really good!

Orchestral battle sequence is so amazing! With music like that I would never have to turn off xonotic music again! I like some of the techy drum n bass from the warzone 2100 soundtrack as well.

Listened to the battle sequence. Sounds nice! Remember that for Xonotic you'll need techy and fast stuff (but you already done that I see)

Keep up the good work!
Xonotic Assasins!

Quote:<tChr^nsb> home
* pughar gives tChr^nsb a cookie
<Liquid-Sin> no cookies for me?
<pughar> gave the last one to him Smile
<Liquid-Sin> my luck...

Enjoying some of the drum and bass stuff. Gonna have to run 2600 through the DTMF decoder.

Awesome! We are a bit lacking in narrator voices for sure: some of them are still old ones iirc, some only have sounds for red/blue team (a yellow and pink one also exists! Smile) Tenshihan did some good work on these, but some are still missing. Don't know if he has intended to continue working on them (I sure hope so Smile)

BTW: Another one enjoying the DnB tracks Wink
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

I'm digging your sound MichaelB, but your techy stuff needs to be a little more upbeat IMO to be functional for X. I'm also interested in providing music and sound effects. I don't have anything available right now but in the free time that I have I'll definitely be working on it.
This is my laser, this is my gun,
This is for plinking, this is for FUN!

BrFJ: wtf with the jumpad
BrFJ: rofl
vael: oh, you'll wtf with the... a few more times don't worry

[Image: badge.png]

great! good sound effects and music can really add to the quality of a game IMO.

keep up the good work Wink
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Oh, nice Big Grin

There will be a lot of changes here...
But what about the announcers? Will they still be as we know them?

michaelb I found your tracks simply amazing. I think that many of them are well suited for this kind of game. Among the tracks you referenced this is the list of candidates that I've made:

Forgotten Tides (I really feel this is the right kind of track that we need)
Phlogiston (we probably can't use this as it's part of another game)
Symmetry
Controlled decay (maybe the ending is a bit distracting)
Twenty Six Hundred
Alive
Unexpected Incident

Please take a look at our (preliminar) document about licensing / legals in order to verify if we can use some of your tracks for our official releases. In case that your tracks aren't GPLv2 compatible we still can use them under any other license on an extra non-official sound pack or with non-official map releases.

Also feel free to take a look and help us to define better the style of music that we want, we are running a discussion about it on this thread.

About announcer sounds there is a guy called Tenshihan who has started working on this, if you want I can make you contact each other, as this guy isn't much active on the forum on these days.

I'm looking forward to working closer with you in the making of awesome soundtracks for this game Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lava Sound Ch4mp 5 5,263 06-11-2016, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Beagle
  Sound packs weapons and items Beagle 5 6,039 05-23-2015, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Beagle
Music Music and Sound forum section discussion unfa 19 27,586 07-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Powerup sound lasting through respawns unfa 5 6,832 07-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Music Different ambient Noises (sound loops) unfa 0 3,000 03-31-2014, 02:28 PM
Last Post: unfa
Music 4 wind ambient sound loops for Xonotic unfa 0 3,004 03-31-2014, 09:37 AM
Music Another portion of Forcefield sound loops. unfa 1 3,967 12-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Wink Extra sound effects for notable frags/games unfa 0 3,253 12-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Music Got a sound for plasma artilerry :D unfa 7 8,362 10-10-2013, 03:28 AM
Music Some new ambient sound porepositions. unfa 1 3,583 12-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Last Post: s1lence