Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Fix and update bot movement

Information 
I play with bots almost all of the time, except when I am playing 1v1's in college with my friend...
I like to play clan arena and last man standing with them, but they tend to go to their AFK spots and not shoot back until forced out of the position...
And when they arn't stuck, their movement is linear and... boring to aim at... they don't try to evade at all.
Look at the nightmare bots on Quake Live, they jump and strafe around like a player would, and never fall off into lava! I love those bots, but they only stick to their favourite weapons on clan arena, and they keep pushing forward when you are pre-firing from every corner you run away from...

The bots are half of the game to me and my college friends, please put some more love into them! :3
And I would love it even more if there was more than one bot personality, different personalities that do things like... different priorities and different usage of weapons? just something to mix things up instead of having the same old predictable bot everywhere.

Oh oh! and have more bots to add! 9 just... isn't enough chaos for us. :I

There's no limit to how many bots you can have (well, up to 255 I guess...) You said you can't have more than 9, where did you get that number from?

Anyway, making a good bot IA is quite complicated. If you happen to know anything about FPS AIs, you're welcome to help. But currently, I don't think we have a developer who is either willing or capable to take on such a big task. Sorry!

9 is the maximum number that you can set via menu.

Try: g_minplayers X
(x = number)

The correct command is: minplayers X
You might also have to adjust "maxplayers" (the amount of players/bots that can connect to your server) and "g_maxplayers" (the amount of players allowed to play at the same time; duel = 2, 4v4 = 8 etc.).

Can I assign bots to teams manually? I want to add lots of bots to the other teams, and none on the human teams. :o

iirc thats done in the console with "bot_vs_human #" where # is the number of bots to add for each human player.

No, bots_vs_human spawns the number of bots you just filled in, but will keep the total amount of players on the same level. (So making it 10 will spawn 10 bots, and for every player joining one bot will leave.)

But you can definetely set this number very high to spawn a crapton of bots.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What about to give us a way to disable update message? Seacat17 1 786 07-20-2022, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [SUGGESTION] DUEL UPDATE - MUTATOR Kotangens 2 2,151 07-15-2020, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [SUGGESTION] Add pickup bot to official IRC channel? poVoq 2 2,011 06-12-2020, 02:13 PM
Last Post: poVoq
Question Bot behavior Snowmane 1 1,928 03-03-2018, 05:35 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  [SUGGESTION] Movement + sound related suggestions Smilecythe 13 9,854 12-13-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Please update the menu UI. liquidjerome 5 4,267 04-27-2017, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  [SUGGESTION] Screw the brain dead bot campaign, this is what singleplayer REALLY should be Lee_Stricklin 7 6,766 05-09-2016, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] Recent master branch update concerning spawning SPLAT 38 35,500 05-23-2015, 07:24 PM
Last Post: LotBlind
  [SUGGESTION] Aim-training dummy bot (fast bunny jumping without fighting back) Ferk 2 5,379 11-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Last Post: GoregeousGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Single player update Karamel 0 3,367 05-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Karamel