Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic 0.7 Released!

It's not downloadable anywhere. You need to compile it yourself from the Xonotic development git repository.

What Mr. Bougo (when did you add that point there???) tells, is that the codebase of Overkill is actually part of Xonotic officially too, but not the media. You can try contacting Morphed or tZork to get the pk3 too that you need to play it offline, also they can help you how to start your own local server.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Smile 
Congratulations to all the developers and artists who contributed to create this new Xonotic version. Thank you all! Smile
Ciao Smile
Massimo

(06-13-2013, 01:50 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: What Mr. Bougo (when did you add that point there???) tells, is that the codebase of Overkill is actually part of Xonotic officially too, but not the media. You can try contacting Morphed or tZork to get the pk3 too that you need to play it offline, also they can help you how to start your own local server.

Oh, I wasn't aware of the media being outside of the server. It kind of makes sense, considering the licensing... Although there's no requirement for branches to be GPL-compatible until they are subject to a merge request.

Anyway, s/he probably has the pk3 already, in dlcache!

The carousel on xonotic.org still says 18 official maps there are now 22.

21, Red Planet is removed Tongue
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(06-14-2013, 01:15 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: 21, Red Planet is removed Tongue

Why? That was one of the best ones...

22 is correct anyway!

BTW I fixed the carousel today. It states 22 now Big Grin
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

One good way of showing Xonotic to more people would be to get it Greenlit on Steam. It could be a good move if the team wants it

(06-16-2013, 02:59 AM)Hellgardia Wrote: One good way of showing Xonotic to more people would be to get it Greenlit on Steam. It could be a good move if the team wants it

See this thread: Distribution through Steam

Basically: licensing issues still haven't been cleared, and the team shows no interest currently in having Xonotic participate in the program. Also, "getting it greenlit" isn't as easy as it might seem, is it? We also have to be careful about what kind of changes this would bring to the community; we don't want to scare the current user base away if Steam is anything like XBL.

fun fact, to this day, Black Mesa was not released on steam

(06-14-2013, 07:44 AM)Irritant Wrote:
(06-14-2013, 01:15 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: 21, Red Planet is removed Tongue

Why? That was one of the best ones...

:-(
Any info on why it was removed?
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

Didn't consider those problems i was just seeing the positive parts that it would bring. But i get your point.

Cheers

Quote:Any info on why it was removed?

It wasn't exactly the best playable map. Perhaps too complex and close-spaced, it should still be on the server map lists so you can still play it if people vote for it.

Maaaan, the annoying lag of unknown origin is no longer present! Yes! YES! YEEEEES!
Like all the new messages and counters. The game feels very tuned.
Didn't like the visuals on Oilrig, doesn't look and feel industrial enough. Buildings look very rough.
I missed the new translations thread (http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=4178), i guess that's why Ukrainian translation is only 21%, even tho the menu is 99% translated. I guess now it's time to translate the in-match messages, huh? "GET BACK OUR FLAAAAAG!"

The lag is no longer theeeeeeere!

(06-17-2013, 01:42 PM)frostwyrm333 Wrote:
Quote:Any info on why it was removed?

It wasn't exactly the best playable map. Perhaps too complex and close-spaced, it should still be on the server map lists so you can still play it if people vote for it.

A shame. It was a very interesting map in my opinion as it required you to run most of the time instead of bunnyhopping and trick jumping. My only issue with it is that it ran horribly.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

From what I could gather from discussions on irc (both Freenode and Quakenet), red-planet
  • is a tech demo
  • was added to the game for lack of alternatives
  • has terrible gameplay (ask fisume or Diomedes about that, they were the most vocal proponents of removal that I saw, but also the worst at arguing their point, which I still haven't seen clearly exposed)
For all or some of the reasons above, it was decided that red-planet was not needed anymore as an official map, therefore it got discarded. Doesn't mean that it's forbidden to play it.

I've seen Samual and, before him, divVerent, support the removal of the map.

(06-10-2013, 12:10 PM)Loafers Wrote: haven't had the time to download and play it, but .7 has the new starting weapon right?

I heard that too; I was exited.
[Image: 21770.png]

Just played 0.7 for a bit and I'm very happy with the immediate changes I can see. Animations look much nicer now! Also seems like performance has improved considerably. I can play on ultra with 60+ FPS now, and it's much less stutterey Smile Can't comment on much else as I haven't spent enough time with it. But it looks good so far. Just updated my servers to 0.7.

I wonder what is in for 0.8?

(06-25-2013, 12:02 AM)satuim Wrote: I wonder what is in for 0.8?

Pure awesomeness.

Now downloading... Sounds awesome. New maps, better animations, simple items. Time to play some minsta! Smile Thanks to the devs for their hard work!

Edit: And redplanet removed, yay, no more plaing at 20 FPS Big Grin

Edit: Played some minsta matches and I like the new version. You don't see the blended animations often, but it looks great! The oilrig map has very low FPS on my computer. Simple items are great, but shouldn't the dropped guns also be replaced by icons? We still have the bug that you see the nametag of invisible players, which still makes invisibilty pretty useless.
[Image: 2405.png]

(07-08-2013, 01:57 PM)Micha Wrote: We still have the bug that you see the nametag of invisible players, which still makes invisibilty pretty useless.

That bug is supposedly fixed though! See the last comment on http://dev.xonotic.org/issues/254, which refers to commit 3773f5b. Maybe that was reintroduced later (it's possible, considering that the fix above was two years ago), in which case you should submit a bug report.

Ok I've updated this bug report: http://dev.xonotic.org/issues/254

About that simple items and dropped weapons problem: It looks like all dropped weapons are replaced by simple items except for the minstanex, which is still a 3D model. Happens both on the Pussy Delight server and in local games. Maybe I should file a bug report for this, too?
[Image: 2405.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Xonotic 0.8.2 released! Antibody 35 47,376 04-14-2017, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Th3 TqMaZ45
  XonStat data snapshot released Antibody 10 14,353 01-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  Xonotic 0.8.1 Released! Antibody 36 38,265 01-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Last Post: [*Mr.Chri$*]
  Xonotic 0.8 Released! Antibody 77 94,181 02-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Last Post: nowego4
  ZeroQL has released his fragmovie! CuBe0wL 0 6,189 10-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Xonotic 0.5 Released mand1nga 101 127,657 02-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Last Post: dli
  Automatic Update Script for Autobuilds Released Antibody 1 10,332 06-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unfa
  Xonotic 0.1 Preview Released merlijn 63 83,298 02-22-2011, 06:06 AM
Last Post: chooksta