Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic song?

Music 
I just got an idea to write a song about Xonotic, that could be a base for a gameplay video.
I've not seen any (even big) games have that. So it could give us a big "wow" effect.

I've got some lines for the verse:

Code:
If you think you're fast
And you can take the blast
Come play with us.

We jump around like crazy
We're shooting with a frenzy
Come challenge us.

And a musical sketch:
http://unfamusic.com/5h1+/unfa-Xonotic-song-01.ogg

Anyway, I could do some instrumental tracks like this for gameplay, are you interested?
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

I think It is a good idea.
I will try to come up with more lyrics.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Sounds cheesy as hell to be honest with you. I think it would be best to leave vocals out of Xonotic's OST.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

No vocals is a good idea... game soundtracks generally don't go well with vocals
[Image: 12766.png]
Sucks at weapons

But it is a xonotic Song, and it is not going into the game itself.

It sounds like a theme song from the 90s! Big Grin

Well, the more we have, the more we can choose. I don't see the problem.
XMPP Conferences
xonotic@conference.jabber.org → General discussion
xonotic@conf.jabberes.org → Spanish-speakers
I pronounce it Shonotic.

I agree with aa, the song itself would be used to promote the game.
Instrumental modified version could however be in as a background track, but it could be too recognizable to be background at all... anyway I'll try to make some instrumental music in this style and tempo for the game, maybe some of it will be picked to really work ingame.

Thank you for your feedback Smile

I'll greatly appreciate help with the lyrics! I;m trying to target it for potential new players, who have not yet met the Xonotic community.

Side idea:

We could pair it with a short introduction of some vital members of the community in the video. A short video clip with their face and something like:
"I'm unfa and I make music. Xonotic is the best free FPS I've ever played! Even though I play the guitar better than the game, I really love it"
"I'm xxx and I do yyy. I think Xonotic rocks with the speed and intensity of gameplay, there's nothing like it out there"
Etc.

I guess that would make the video much more personal in a way that the game footage won't deliver.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

I am aa and I am a troll... No, that's not good. I'm not good in game at all

I am Samual and I am God, If not me, Xonotic would not be.

I am not sure about this idea, Unfa. It sounds PRECISELY as my secondary school rock band. Pro publico bono I think you should make INSTRUMENTAL only or delete it entirely. Sorry for beeing harash. No intention to upset you in any way. I just think its better to tell you now, then later, when the song is done.

I still remember your epic tunes from old good days, when we were working on video together. Wink

(06-12-2013, 03:38 PM)Justin Wrote: I am not sure about this idea, Unfa. It sounds PRECISELY as my secondary school rock band. Pro publico bono I think you should make INSTRUMENTAL only or delete it entirely. Sorry for beeing harash. No intention to upset you in any way. I just think its better to tell you now, then later, when the song is done.

I still remember your epic tunes from old good days, when we were working on video together. Wink

Okay, no problem I've got lot's of other stuff to do.

Do you think it sounds poor with my vocals, or just doesn't fit Xonotic at all? But again - why would an instrumental fit then?
I'm a bit confused.
I'm not sure why do you think I should not finish this as a song, Justin Smile
Could you please elaborate?

I think SOUND and MUSIC in game very important!

Feel free to work on it, Unfa. I'm not saying that you should not. I have trauma from childhood, when I was listening to rock. Guitar is the worst insrument ever. Vocals might be good but its extremly difficult to link them with bad guitarr. Mostly it sounds out of tune (if not corrected properly). Thats why electronic music is easier and gives better results. And fits Xonotic better imo.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Song! - "Orchestrated Chaos" master[mind] 6 6,629 11-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  Rising of the Phoenix - Menu Song master[mind] 31 28,983 08-23-2010, 05:26 AM
Last Post: adriennbelly
  New song coming master[mind] 8 6,403 08-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Last Post: master[mind]
Lightbulb Theme song kay 26 26,599 04-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Last Post: od@r