Create an account

Poll: Should there be a Xonotic T-Shirt?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
83.33%
10 83.33%
No
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Should There be an official Xonotic T-Shirt?

I know there was already a thread for this, but it is really old (http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=130).

My suggestion is to use Zazzle (http://zazzle.com), I have ordered shirts from them before and they have been good quality, plus the images put on there are paint or ink or something, not the uncomfortable plastic like on some shirts.

I modified a couple images to work with their site (partially transparent pixels do not work :/). Someone who's actually an artist could probably do a better job.

EDIT: I realize there are a couple spots I missed on the front.

Front:    

Back:    

EDIT: I'm not a legal expert, Zazzle has this agreement: http://www.zazzle.com/mk/policy/nonexclu..._agreement, one of the last paragraphs ("representations") worries me a little though.
I am Xonotic, and so can you!
Pwnage, a close relative of sausage.
Look how terrible I am:
[Image: 20796.png]

Why not... personally I would probably not buy one though.
Does zazzle give the creator some kickback for every shirt sold?

I guess we won't have an official t-shirt for as long as we don't have a donation page. As far as I know, the team don't know yet how they should manage income.

(06-17-2013, 01:56 PM)poVoq Wrote: Does zazzle give the creator some kickback for every shirt sold?

Zazzle has an option to adjust the "royalty" you receive, with a minimum of 5% and a maximum of 99% (the price changes accordingly, 99% is over $1000)
Look how terrible I am:

I would be cheap to buy a heat press, printer and ink then just order the shits and make them. Then sell them online here.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(06-17-2013, 02:08 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: I guess we won't have an official t-shirt for as long as we don't have a donation page. As far as I know, the team don't know yet how they should manage income.

Yeah, good point. I'm not sure how donations should be handled, and it probably should go in a separate thread, so I won't even make any suggestions here.
Look how terrible I am:

I would get one if there were. But then we have to worry about sizes and how much money for different versions of a shirt

We have to worry about whether or not we want to sell merchandise at all. First things first.

I would buy one.
[Image: 22172.png]

I would like to have a Xonotic T-Shirt but i'm not fan of buying shirts online, specially since clothing is one of the few products that cause problems with my country customs.

But i would love to have a download with an official design to print in a random t-shirt(better yet if the artwork is GPL2/3), specially since i can get one printed with a custom design near my home for less than 10 dollars.
[Image: 9074.png]

We should sell the player model's armor as costumes. And toy weapons.

Might as well go all the way and make home design based on the maps.

In all honesty, a shirt with some cool flaming version of the full logo with its wings and stuff might actually be very awesome if done right.
[Image: 230.png]

I still have 10.000 miniature Armored Carni models in my attic from when that whole Nexuiz Collectors Edition was planned so I am not too keen on this whole merchandise thing to be honest.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

What about unofficial T-Shirts? Just leaving it up to the community to create and wear what they want? GPL-wise I think that's okay, but I still wouldn't do it without the blessing of the rest of the community. Speaking of the GPL, the requirement for a copyright notice could be a problem... unless it's featured prominently on the shirt, as in "here's a great game... THAT'S ALSO FREE AND OPEN SOURCE"

Any thoughts from someone who's more familiar with the GPL and the dev team than I?
Look how terrible I am:

Just as a side note, because I don't think it applies here: a logo being permissively licensed doesn't mean that it's not protected by trademark law. See for example the Wikimedia Foundation logo, which copyright-wise is under the public domain, but is still a protected trademark.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] x Frags Left should come before other announcements gd 0 1,391 06-21-2023, 11:27 AM
Last Post: gd
  [SUGGESTION] Teams should start with the same total health in ca gd 2 2,953 04-15-2022, 03:23 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Add pickup bot to official IRC channel? poVoq 2 2,011 06-12-2020, 02:13 PM
Last Post: poVoq
  [SUGGESTION] Official Instagib Tournaments/Pickup games vega 8 12,777 09-16-2017, 04:52 AM
Last Post: vega
  [SUGGESTION] Screw the brain dead bot campaign, this is what singleplayer REALLY should be Lee_Stricklin 7 6,767 05-09-2016, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] Should we move Engines? Beagle 24 16,908 05-07-2016, 03:48 AM
Last Post: tZork
  [SUGGESTION] Make instagib/overkill = official asyyy 49 36,802 07-31-2015, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Drauts
Sad [SUGGESTION] There should be more improvement (should be added yet) Eonman 5 4,880 05-27-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Ogger73
  [SUGGESTION] A game package should contain all needed components kanatov 2 4,321 03-10-2015, 10:58 PM
Last Post: kanatov
  [SUGGESTION] Advanced Options tweaks that should maybe be default Lee_Stricklin 16 18,586 01-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Last Post: edh