Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] In game server info window

I think it would be nice to have an in game on screen window that can be activated with a button where the server owner can post any special instructions, server information and votes. This way the use can read up on it whiee the idle or play. There is MOTD but this is too small and can't be formatted for proper reading/display and the Server Information page on the server directory cant be modified to add extra info.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Would you want that in addition to the MOTD, or do you want the MOTD to be like you're describing?

I agree it would be nice to have a better-structured "about" window that can be opened by the user for any server-specific info like contact etc.

(06-22-2013, 03:40 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Would you want that in addition to the MOTD, or do you want the MOTD to be like you're describing?

I agree it would be nice to have a better-structured "about" window that can be opened by the user for any server-specific info like contact etc.

I think it can be part of the MOTD but more info options. Maybe have a border and translucent background like the Game Option windows when you hit ESC

Or leave MOTD as it is and show it in the server directory using the info button.

Not sure
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

But the MOTD must be shown to users when they join, so it can't be intrusive. It's called Message of the Day for a reason.

EDIT: I don't think putting that in the server list is a good idea. I'm not even sure that data can be transmitted through the server querying protocol, which we can't really modify. On the other hand, once you're connected to the server, data can be transferred without a problem.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] a sub-forum for user and game server admin communication BuddyFriendGuy 6 5,408 09-04-2015, 02:12 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Make game knowledge/info more obvious - i.e. tips Archer 7 10,774 01-21-2015, 02:03 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Unified icon system to give info about players unfa 18 22,255 11-06-2010, 01:05 AM
Last Post: Rust Heart
  [SUGGESTION] A codex that provides info on gametypes, backstory, etc. Lee_Stricklin 5 5,553 03-28-2010, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Will