Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FIXED] Weird Glitch on Glowplant

Hey all,

Im new, just started playing about a month ago, and I was playing on Glowplant in version 0.6.0, and I realized something strange.

First, go into the main area, and stand on the cryolink.

Then, go forward, down the stairs.

Take a right, towards the Machine Gun.

Then, when you pick up the Machine Gun, drop off that ledge in front of you, and turn 180 degrees

There is the cyrolink, where you started.

It appears to be an infinite loop, as I spent five minutes going through that routine, trying to figure it out.
One of my friends suggested maybe an invisible teleporter, which could be a possibility, as it does work both ways.

Try it for yourselves.

It may be just a glitch, I have no way of telling.
Thanks for your time.
Screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/SeZEG
Best,
t0x1n

[Image: gP4dLCn.gif]

ehehehehehehehehehhehehehehehehheeh

I just made myself look like a total noob, didnt I?

Smile

There is a tricky so called "warpzone" placed near the Mega Armor, which makes this possible. You can find such a teleporter-like thing on the map Stormkeep for example. It's just invisible at Glow Plant. Wink

(06-23-2013, 10:35 PM)t0x1n Wrote: I just made myself look like a total noob, didnt I?

Sort of Smile

As Mirio told you already, that thing is called a "warpzone". It's a single plane of entity that connects two separate places on the map seamlessly. You can see through it, move through it, shoot through it, toss objects through it etc.
Normally, you can turn off warpzone rendering by turning off reflective surfaces in the effects menu in the settings window. However, for obvious gameplay reasons, Glowplant forces it to be on. It might still accept reflection quality settings, in that case you'll see where the warpzone is, because it'll be blurry.
Also, older video cards that doesn't support a specific shader function won't be able to render warpzones at all, in that case you'll see a green wavy grid.

Warzones were originally developed for Nexuiz, but the technology was never used in it. It was one of the major new features Xonotic brought on the pallette. The first map that featured warpzones was "Space elevator". Stormkeep got a major gameplay boost, as it connects two tactically important parts of the map. In the original version there was a teleporter where the warpzone is located in the Xonotic version.
In Newtonian Nightmare there are laser guarded warpzones leading from the bases to the middle of the map, essentially a very fast shortcut for defenders and for attackers, who managed to disable the laser grid temporarly.

Funny thing: Glowplant has another hidden warpzone. Wink
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

So I read we collect maps with warpzones in this thread? Big Grin

LoverTaleb

Moar please Big Grin
XMPP Conferences
xonotic@conference.jabber.org → General discussion
xonotic@conf.jabberes.org → Spanish-speakers
I pronounce it Shonotic.

Dafuq did I just see? :-D
Also, why is it not in master?!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

C.R.A.Z.Y.

(06-24-2013, 03:15 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: [quote='t0x1n' pid='59731' dateline='1372044939']

Sort of Smile

I knew it. Thanks, Balli. :/

Thanks for the explanation, the more you know... Smile

Best,
t0x1n

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Netradiant looks weird when i try to open it Taplio 0 1,587 07-07-2019, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Taplio
  [SOLVED] Weird key hold issue with official version Bloodthorn 9 4,906 05-21-2018, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Bloodthorn
  [BUG] Devastator/mortar glitch (0.8.2 client/0.8.1 server) gd 4 4,222 05-23-2017, 10:40 PM
Last Post: kaadmy
  [NEED HELP] Weird Display Issue w/ Benchmarking Autobuild gamingwithnetbooks 2 3,841 11-13-2014, 08:35 AM
Last Post: gamingwithnetbooks
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic Vehicle Mod glitch-third person speeder. Leroy 2 4,421 10-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Leroy
  [SOLVED] Weird skybox+minimap+realtime light Leeloo 8 8,220 06-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Leeloo
  [BUG] HUD Editing Glitch - Replicating Cursor Friskydingo 0 2,278 10-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Friskydingo
  [SOLVED] Weird performance issue vede 8 7,998 09-10-2010, 01:02 AM
Last Post: divVerent
  [SOLVED] [SOLVED] Weird performance issues in Nexuiz dark mayu 8 10,022 07-18-2010, 08:16 AM
Last Post: tankmiche