Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAAZZAA!!!

Tongue 
Hellou. i am a noob at forums .basically this is my first post Tongue .
i started playing xonotic about 1 week now and i really love it.
i used to play many years ago quake and quake 3.
I am really fed up with commercial game companies that dont give a shit about the players, just the money. some current games are great but i dont like drm and always online stuff Sad

I like playing quake series
halo
arma 2 and 3
counter strike
xonotic
minecraft
i am learning the C-language so i can make my own applications and games

and I like making all kind of servers and soon I´m gonna migrate back to linux. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
goodbye see you at the forums Big Grin
[Image: 7pk.png]

Hello.

Welcome! Also, good luck with learning programming, just don't forget; you learn by doing (took me a while to get what this meant -.-)! Smile

(06-26-2013, 04:16 AM)machine! Wrote: Welcome! Also, good luck with learning programming, just don't forget; you learn by doing (took me a while to get what this meant -.-)! Smile

thanks Big Grin i will try my best at programming Big Grin
it is a relief that when u know how to programm u can do anything you want.dont always rely on other people or company to make a software Big Grin that makes me go on programming and never quit learning

Well, programming is a wide domain, it's a big difference doing kernel development or writing front-end JS. I'm still in the stage where you write simple stuff like IRC bots and Lisps. Tongue

(06-26-2013, 04:31 AM)machine! Wrote: Well, programming is a wide domain, it's a big difference doing kernel development or writing front-end JS. I'm still in the stage where you write simple stuff like IRC bots and Lisps. Tongue

how long you studied programming and what language?

(06-26-2013, 04:39 AM)BL4CK_SP1DER Wrote: how long you studied programming and what language?

I've tried learning programming for a long time, but it's not until this year I've started taking it more seriously. The difficulty is not learning a programming language (although that can be challanging too) but learning how to program. So I simply chose to stick with one language (Haskell in my case) and start reading a lot of code, writing simple programs moving slowly to writing more "real" programs. Tongue

Anyway, it took a long time for me to learn how to program, since I thought that I couldn't read other peoples code and use libraries as it felt a bit like "cheating". Probably where it all changed was Write Yourself a Scheme in 48 Hours, it's basically a guide on how to write a program, it's not a guide on a language. If you find any tutorial like that for C I highly recommend you to read it.

I haven't used this tutorial but it seem like a similar tutorial like the one I used: http://c.learncodethehardway.org/book/ex26.html

K&R2 is also supposed to be a good guide to C, even though its more focused on learning the language it teach how to write some very simple programs.

EDIT: I'm just a beginner, so my statements might not be 100% correct, there's lots of experienced programmers here on the forums which are more educated on the subject. Tongue

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Be sure to check out the Newbie Corner for tips and tricks around the game (link in my sig). You'll certainly find stuff there that is new to you, even though you may have experience in flick-shot FPS!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(06-26-2013, 04:48 AM)machine! Wrote:
(06-26-2013, 04:39 AM)BL4CK_SP1DER Wrote: how long you studied programming and what language?

I've tried learning programming for a long time, but it's not until this year I've started taking it more seriously. The difficulty is not learning a programming language (although that can be challanging too) but learning how to program. So I simply chose to stick with one language (Haskell in my case) and start reading a lot of code, writing simple programs moving slowly to writing more "real" programs. Tongue

Anyway, it took a long time for me to learn how to program, since I thought that I couldn't read other peoples code and use libraries as it felt a bit like "cheating". Probably where it all changed was Write Yourself a Scheme in 48 Hours, it's basically a guide on how to write a program, it's not a guide on a language. If you find any tutorial like that for C I highly recommend you to read it.

I haven't used this tutorial but it seem like a similar tutorial like the one I used: http://c.learncodethehardway.org/book/ex26.html

K&R2 is also supposed to be a good guide to C, even though its more focused on learning the language it teach how to write some very simple programs.

EDIT: I'm just a beginner, so my statements might not be 100% correct, there's lots of experienced programmers here on the forums which are more educated on the subject. Tongue

thank you. I will read this

(06-26-2013, 05:11 AM)Halogene Wrote: Hello and welcome to the forums!

Be sure to check out the Newbie Corner for tips and tricks around the game (link in my sig). You'll certainly find stuff there that is new to you, even though you may have experience in flick-shot FPS!
thanks.i will check it out Big Grin

Welcome! gl, hf.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?