Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WIP]Distortion

[Image: distortion.png]

This thread is about new map I am currently working on based on the Spatium. I decided to make a full remake of the map and therefore call it differently. therefore this thread is a split from the Spatium thread (thanks to Mr. Bougo)

[Image: distortion_layout.jpg]
  • Item placement changes
  • Visuals Im trying to improove: More simple textures, better color contrasts, more structural and architectural work.
  • Style Look at the screenshots and tell me how it looks.
  • Details - now not in the plain textures but actually real details.
  • Structures - Reactors, pipes, funny light boxes, new jumppad models...I allready have 5 models I made in futuristic style.
  • Lighting In previous version lighting was chaotic, sometimes too strong, too colorfull and fake looking. I will try to improove it in new version.
  • Middle room shape - circular

The feedback I will gather has tremandous impact on how the map will look like, play like and feel like.

[Image: distortion.jpg]|x| [Image: distortion_middle2.jpg]

1. Tell me what's your ideas for models?
  2. Whats do you think of style? How it should be how it can be?
  3. Optional features?
  4. any other ideas: Item placement, layout

Download Distortion-v3-r3.pk3

POST UPDATED

I liked the previous layout, but this is looking pretty good too. Any test versions available?

Now yes, indeed. Look at the first post
Some progress shots:
[Image: progress_1.jpg]

[Image: progress2.jpg]

Really liking the new style. Nice curves in the last shot.
somewhere

Thanks Monad.
Progress isn't very fast. Although I don't want to get into performance issues.

[Image: pr02.jpg]

Lots of patch and model work need to be done. Tell my people what do you think of the style.

Love the lighting!
Downloading now Smile

If it's so much different than the previous version you should go ahead and have another title for it. Because I and arguably quite many of others liked the previous one. It should not be scrapped or left in the dark/world of confusion imo.

I got a item placemente suggestion.

To make the map feel less symetrical, maybe do like this: One team have nex and MH on their side of the map, the other team have rl and MA on their side. Smile

Quakers hate non-mirrored maps, never forget about that Big Grin

Both sides will have thier rocketlaunchers and nex guns and meg will be in the middle I think.
Shot of electro and 50 armor room (perimeter - link between base and middle)
[Image: ff4.jpg]

BTW: This column will be cut from the bottom and there will be less pipes on the floor cause they were standing in the way to much.

That looks impressive!
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Thank you.

I am finishing the 50 armor electro room. Adding some pipes,
light effects,
moving columns out of the way,
clipping and
generally all the stuff that must be dealt with.

I think I know what the style differences and options I will apply to my project. I am still opened to suggestions.
[Image: modeling.jpg]
This pipes are on the red side (red lights indicate that).

It's very late (2 am) and I am having bursts of creativity (god damn it, I can feel like 70 % of the map is done). Couldn't not take it without pepsi.

Edit: You will see that some of the vaults are based on the Hagia Sophia, but modified into alien-like futuristic style.

Quote:It's very late (2 am) and I am having bursts of creativity (god damn it, I can feel like 70 % of the map is done). Couldn't not take it without pepsi.

Best. Line. Ever.

(07-17-2013, 07:07 PM)Justin Wrote: Edit: You will see that some of the vaults are based on the Hagia Sophia, but modified into alien-like futuristic style.

That is really cool, and you should probably further explore this idea!

Glad you like the idea. Ok, I finally got the genral layout. It will probably be changed though:

[Image: distortion_layout.jpg]

Thank you all for your patience and support.

looking damn good really.

I just hope you will avoid the problem that occured with early releases of imprisoned, where everything was soo grey and grey only Wink
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Hope you can provide something to jump around soon! Big Grin

I am having middle working, ballistic provides tips and help and finally most of the connections wer done.
It's white only now, Kuniu not grey, so no problem Big Grin
[Image: distortion_middle.png]
Sorry for this screenshot, Just couldn't resist to change it in photoshop. It shows the middle and lots of domes and Hagia Sophia's Smile

When it comes to texturing: I use high contrasts: Black vs yellow, black and grey vs white and some greens in small areas.

Generally middle has 3 ways leading to the 50 armor room and one way leading directely to the base.
What you see here is still grey for most of these textures serve as placeholders.
I am also not sure about that thin middle bridge... Mabye making one, big platform instead? What to put in the middle? Mega armor, Health or quad?

Shocked 
Jesus man! Give us a chance, all right? This is just crazy...

Justin, at the moment I have nothing else to say than this reaches awesomeness-level 10 of 10!! Remember when you began mapping? And now you come up with something like this? AWESOME!!

Though of course, I will give you some constructive feedback when you release a playble version for sure! Wink

Looks awesome!
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Sorry for delay, guys. I had unexpected vacations but Im back now and I have beta version! Rolleyes

[Image: distortion.jpg]

Soundtrack by ARCHER! great thanks to him. Just listen his epic tune: 'Erebus' (turn music on in audio if you have it off)
Thanks, Kojn for kind words

PS: The bug: Skybox is not displayed. That will be fixed when I figure out how.
I had to resign from distorting glass in the domes, it was making fps around 30-40 lower. First post updated as well!

Can't wait to hop around in this map, nice one Justin, and thanks for using my tune Smile

I'll leave you some feedback once I played around a bit!
[Image: 4766.png]
[My personal website: AquaNova ] - <> - [Ingame: <PsyX> :::: <-Archer-< :::: ]

The reason why the sky is black is simply because of your shader. You should specify a name for the sky textures and also include the images if they aren´t part of the original game. Wink Contact me on IRC if you need help.

[Image: middle.png]

Every feedback will be appreciated and highly recomended Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug [WIP] Aquanica Z(Rus) 15 7,884 12-22-2020, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Z(Rus)
  [Duel] bmn1_b2 (WIP) Beemann 11 7,840 05-27-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [DUEL] Graphite (WIP) t0uYK8Ne 15 9,461 05-01-2020, 07:12 PM
Last Post: samiam
  [WIP-b4] KOLOSSUS _para 12 5,738 10-09-2018, 05:13 AM
Last Post: _para