Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Feign Death

Just like UT GOTY.

It is very Ninja.

...and now!?
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

It's been done. in haze.(commercial FPS)
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Also AoT. I dunno if this would be good for balance.

I dunno why, but I usually just gib every corpse , so it doesn't disturb me.
So... yeah, good luck faking death around me Big Grin
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Also gibbing is quite easy, does not require too much damage "beyond" 0 .. i do not think feign death is a feature that would be worth to change the easy gibbing and both are not really compatible.
Real signature is still in production!

Another idea, could be a temporal invisibility that also lock the weapons (you can't shot, but you can move and you are invisible).

This type of stuff fir with the game? It has been described to me as a very fast game, and this type of stuff is for crap with other pace.

I've played several mods which added feign death ability. It always goes the same way. It's a novelty at first... everyone plays around with it for a while before they realize how useless it is, then it is forgotten.

...until that is, somebody finds a glitch which they can use to cheat somehow. Putting a player in a state between alive and dead has a way causing all manner of bugs in things you wouldn't expect. Maybe it's not fair to assume there will be issues like these in Xonotic, just because that's been the case every other time it's been done, but whatever.

In practice, it's never as useful as it seems when you imagine it. So I'm against wasting any effort on it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] ragdoll death animation request Droid 28 33,208 02-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Nahuel
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Frags per death nowego4 18 18,813 09-10-2010, 04:51 AM
Last Post: Contrarian
  [SUGGESTION] 1st person, BOOOM DEATH SHOT 3rd person, SPAWN 1st person kay 29 31,581 04-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Roanoke
Photo [SUGGESTION] Effects of Death rainerzufalldererste 14 15,937 03-24-2010, 06:09 AM
Last Post: kuniu the frogg