Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[2MAPPACK] Cube + Oxygenellipsoid

My new maps, which I made today.
The Cube map i saw in a video by DivVerent and made it (first) for my self

+new textures (just flat colors but 1 with and 1 without glosseffect)

Download: [1][2][3]

Cube:
[Image: cubec.jpg]

Oxygenellipsoid:
[Image: spacepuzzle2.jpg]
[Image: nexuiz0000312.jpg]
[Image: nexuiz000031.jpg]

album

HOLY EFFING SH*T.

Cube: OMGWTF Super Mario Galaxy HOW???

Oxygenellipsoid: Damn. Two things: one, what are the little colored things visible in pic #2? and two, what are those flying glowy arcs in the sky and what do they do? (oops that's 3 questions)
Humans... Dodgy

"There is no problem that cannot be solved by a judicious application of carnivorous dinosaurs." -JayIsGames.com

open the maps in your radiant and you'll find all the answers Wink (its the better to open the cube map than to explain how Wink its an illusion made with warpzones) (.map files included)

if you mean the colored boxes: this are colored boxes Wink the 'arcs' (i dont know what is means translator doesnt found it... but i think you mean the stripes) -just eyecandy not touchable, nothing

Nice stuff Smile Its very different and I'm a big fan of different.

when i tried to load oxygenellipsoid, i got an "Mem_Alloc: out of memory (alloc at model_brush.c:3000)" error... darkplaces.exe needed 1,2gb ram at that point...

second attempt to load the map went fine.

the map itself is really cool, but a fps-killer. maybe it's the fault of the "reflecting" textures (if you walk along a wall, it changes its look a bit... i don't know how to explain this) my cpu (phenom x4 @ 3,2ghz) is under 25% load, which means one core is at 100%.

cobe does not load (it stops here: http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=xonot...00hy40.jpg)

oh crap i think i uploaded a older version of cube... i had this too but already fixed

EDIT: i found nothing...

"reflecting" textures? cubemaps on a cube map? woo
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

@_para: will you fix cube or not?

i found no problem... this is the problem Sad
i already looked for the mistake but i found nothing in my chaos...
i'll try it other way: make bsp2map and keep my eyes open Wink

Now I look at it a little closer this is obviously a rip off of my map cubical. You will be hearing from my lawyer. Wink

But seriously, i like the cell shading effect on the cubes. I would appreciate if you could explain to me how that shader works one day.

MintOX

I thought cel shading was a cvar...

EDIT: nope it's not. Probably a NetRadiant thing, like MintOX said...
Humans... Dodgy

"There is no problem that cannot be solved by a judicious application of carnivorous dinosaurs." -JayIsGames.com

in warsow its a cvar Wink

Woah, I like these maps!

Indeed they are fun maps, especially the cube Wink
Intresting illusion Im sure its fun pure Big Grin

doesn't work for me, I think because I don't have the svn with warpzones, where can I download? Huh

kay, this is a map for xonotic. You need to compile it yourself, there is no beta yet.

Idk how, ill just wait then Tongue

Or.. can someone help (mac)

(05-14-2010, 05:13 AM)jaykay Wrote: the map itself is really cool, but a fps-killer. maybe it's the fault of the "reflecting" textures (if you walk along a wall, it changes its look a bit... i don't know how to explain this) my cpu (phenom x4 @ 3,2ghz) is under 25% load, which means one core is at 100%.

The change is simply gloss. I don't think the problem lies there as my hardware(which is slower than you) ran a fully "glossed" map with ease.

i think it is the "windows" where you can look on the whole map. when i stand i front of this, my fps are halfed. on the rest of the map my fps are ok, but still slower than on other maps.

Because portals are resource hungry stuff, and shouldn't be used like this. While it's a nice techdemo, the actual problem is that you shouldn't "see" from one portal to another, there can't be visibility between them, because the whole scene gets rendered twice (fixme).
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CTF] Cube _para 2 1,678 08-22-2023, 11:41 PM
Last Post: anoob
  Map - Cube 4rena end user 0 3,216 01-21-2014, 01:10 AM
Last Post: end user
  [DM/CTF/KH....] Cube-arena forseti 3 4,542 03-21-2012, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Justin