Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey everyone!

Smile 
I'm matrixx in-game, in IRC, and here. I'm really new to Xon (2 days) and starting to figure out how to aim. I'm using a AMD netbook with a touchpad (which is apparently impossible) and to make it even harder, I live in California. (Apparently nobody who plays the game lives in North America.) I've been taught the basics (weapons, bunnyhopping, laser jumps, crylink size, rocket guiding, etc) and am currently really bad at aiming.

Hey, what's up!

(08-02-2013, 12:38 AM)matrixx Wrote: I'm matrixx in-game, in IRC, and here. I'm really new to Xon (2 days) and starting to figure out how to aim. I'm using a AMD netbook with a touchpad (which is apparently impossible)

Yes it is Smile Seriously, get your hands on a wired mouse ASAP. Playing with a touchpad instead of a mouse is like building a house on sand instead of stone - you get me?

(08-02-2013, 12:38 AM)matrixx Wrote: and to make it even harder, I live in California. (Apparently nobody who plays the game lives in North America.)

hahaha that's a bad thing to say, all us muricans will come out of the woodwork now Tongue recently Mirio was worried there wouldn't be enough people for an NA cup - it had a big turnout Big Grin

And it's going to be a biiig long climb up the ladder to figure out how to aim (with a mouse, lol)- but it will be worth it. Its fine to rage, but dont give up ^^

(08-02-2013, 01:17 AM)ballist1c Wrote: Playing with a touchpad instead of a mouse is like building a house on sand instead of stone - you get me?

You mean like San Francisco? Tongue but I get your point. I actually tried to use a mouse, but it's much harder to aim accurately. I'm just so used to the touchpad. (And it's a decent touchpad too, with buttons above the touchpad so you don't need a dedicated hand to click.)
[Image: Lenovo-ThinkPad-X220-TouchPad.jpg]

Hey you played on my Freezetag server, remember you mentioning the touch pad. Welcome!
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Isn't clicking interfering with moving the crosshair if you play with touchpad? I stromgly recommend to use a mouse.

Also welcome!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(08-02-2013, 12:38 AM)matrixx Wrote: I'm matrixx in-game, in IRC, and here. I'm really new to Xon (2 days) and starting to figure out how to aim. I'm using a AMD netbook with a touchpad (which is apparently impossible) and to make it even harder, I live in California. (Apparently nobody who plays the game lives in North America.) I've been taught the basics (weapons, bunnyhopping, laser jumps, crylink size, rocket guiding, etc) and am currently really bad at aiming.

Hello Matrixx, nice to see more North American players Smile

Welcome.

Use a mouse! O_o

So apparently a mouse is needed... yes end user, I did play on several ft servers (but I don't remember which ones.) Halogene, no I use the upper buttons instead of the touchpad buttons. And while you "stromgly" recommend a mouse ( Smile ), I'm so used to the touchpad it was very hard to use the computer (e.g. web browsing) with a proper mouse.

(08-02-2013, 03:22 PM)matrixx Wrote: I'm so used to the touchpad it was very hard to use the computer (e.g. web browsing) with a proper mouse.

By no means do you have to use the mouse for everything!

I remember back when I didn't have a desktop and only a macbook (yes, it was as bad as it sounds), i carried around a little USB wired mouse wrapped up, for when I wanted to play FPS :> and the rest of the time i would use the trackpad ^^

But again, it's crucial Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello everyone! Mero 0 177 03-16-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Mero
  [NEED HELP] Hey, I'm a (new dev?) trying to improve anti-cheat Quantum 4 3,109 06-08-2020, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  Hey hey :) Azergothil1 4 2,138 04-02-2020, 04:02 AM
Last Post: FAF
  Hey! Gibson 4 2,858 02-20-2020, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Draena
  HELLO EVERYONE! thefurrygamer95 1 1,422 01-30-2020, 03:39 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  Hiya everyone! New to the community, but not the game :D alpha-carinae 4 3,357 05-22-2019, 08:48 PM
Last Post: alpha-carinae
  Hello everyone. Steak 13 9,887 03-06-2019, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Hello everyone Sandertristan 2 1,858 01-26-2019, 09:02 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
Smile Hey hey! Zoommair 3 2,544 01-19-2019, 04:29 AM
Last Post: Aguaumreal
  hey what's up aa 5 3,136 08-21-2018, 02:53 PM
Last Post: aa