Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UT2004 settings for Xonotic

I still play UT2004 at this day since it's my favorite FPS after Xonotic. But since it's getting pretty old and its community more inactive, I decided to see if I could bring its feel and gameplay to Xonotic instead. I put together a pack of config files, which contains balance, physics, crosshair settings and a HUD as close as possible to those in UT2k4.

I didn't put too much effort into it for now, and this is just a first version which resembles close settings. Weapon balance is mostly unchanged (uses the default one in Xon). I ported the physics and gave them a similar feel, making movement slower, removing bunny-hopping and air acceleration, and enabling dodging + double-jumping. I also balanced health and armor limits to work the same way (no regen / rot, 199 max health and 150 max armor), as well as item respawn timers (now 25 seconds). I also updated the old UT2004 HUD I made to the latest panel-HUD and included this as well (uses the luminos skin).

You can download the pk3 here or here. It only contains cfg files so it's pretty small. After that, open the console and exec ut2k4.cfg. Note that it might permanently change some settings such as the HUD setup (you'll have to exec hud_luminos.cfg to turn it back). Will update when / if I work more on it. Have fun with this Smile

I like the HUD, but how on Earth are you supposed to gain speed? Perhaps you could set up a server? There are already a couple of retro Nexuiz-style servers and you could put one up there atm. We just have to ensure that there aren't too many of them or else it will spoil the game.

The UT physics don't allow gaining speed. Only way to walk faster is to keep dodging and double jumping constantly. And sure, if anyone runs a retro server (or any other type) feel free to use this.

I know that this is an old thread but, what I'm doing wrong if I get the following?:

Unknown command "ut2k4.cfg"

I moved the .pk3 to ./xonotic/data/
XMPP Conferences
xonotic@conference.jabber.org → General discussion
xonotic@conf.jabberes.org → Spanish-speakers
I pronounce it Shonotic.

You have to type
Quote:exec ut2k4.cfg
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Feels very slooow! Tongue Never played UT so this isn't really anything for me, but I guess it's really nice for ex-UT players. Smile

awesome!

love this Big Grin
[Image: 12766.png]
Sucks at weapons

This is an awesome idea! Can't wait to check it out, thanks man!
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
Announcer mic check and forum thread.
http://soundcloud.com/voodoo-electron

Sounds very cool!

double jump and air control are features i would like to see in this game but I also would like taunts like hipthrust or various other animations or calling out insults.

Like biting thumb at somebody?
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Like pyria's taunt animation?

(07-15-2013, 10:42 AM)basaltdragon Wrote: hipthrust
The only thing I didn't like about UT'99 and 2004 was that "pelvic thrust" animation.
I just... don't like it. It looks terrible to me.
I'm little bit old-fashioned when it comes to these kinds of symbols and behaviours. And that doesn't have anything to do with my age (I'm 22 now) I never liked that.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(07-15-2013, 12:33 PM)unfa Wrote: The only thing I didn't like about UT'99 and 2004 was that "pelvic thrust" animation.
I just... don't like it. It looks terrible to me.
I'm little bit old-fashioned when it comes to these kinds of symbols and behaviours. And that doesn't have anything to do with my age (I'm 22 now) I never liked that.

I'm with you on this. I find the taunts a bit annoying in general also.

Oh come on, the valley girl 'I just slaughtered that guy?' Well both 'I just slaughtered that guy's were pretty bad. And the tasteless black guy 'You be dead?' hahahaha

UT99 is one of my die hard favorites, but yeah, it certainly had its flaws. But as far as I know it was developed by a small team in a garage. Not too bad. But IMO the taunts just got worse and worse as the series went on.

Loved the feel of UT99, gameplay was so slick for being so early on.
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
Announcer mic check and forum thread.
http://soundcloud.com/voodoo-electron

Links seems dead, anyone can upload them again?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Compiling your maps with different settings. MintOX 6 5,795 07-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Last Post: MintOX