Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Forum Maintenance News / Suggestions

mr z , hai!

hey i think we should have liks to other xonotic sites , like us aussie guys www.aussienexers.com (name should be changed though) , so we have access to other sites world wide , i think it would be good reading and learning , also for tips and maps.

IDK , GOOD IDEA GUYS?

:^

Imo - great idea, is it rly Australian Xonotic page? Wink
For maps I use usually: http://q3a.ath.cx/
I cannot find others Xonotic links then Australian (and ofc this one), mabye there is Japanese Xonotic page? You never know what is in the network...Big Grin

you guys rock, keep keeping on.
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

Is it possible to create more space for my nameBig Grin? I use a lot of colors in Nexuiz but couldn't make it hereSad.

It shouldn't be very make to make just a bit more space, like in the ''hi / good luck and have fun'' thing. I can make as much colors as I want there.

Thanks, mepper.
Moved to Mepper

Anybody else occasionally getting page errors while browsing forums? Sometimes I'll have to refresh the page before it'll work.

It's not my internet.

Never.

Not your internet? What makes you so sure of that?

Well, internet sure doesn't belong to anyone.

And it, uh, could kinda help to know at least which errors do you get.

Hmmm nvm guess it's gone.

I get this every time I open the forum for the first time (in browser session). Waiting a couple of seconds, then refreshing the page usually fixes it. Maybe that's related?

[Image: xonotic_forum_fail.png]
Chromium 14.0.835.202 (Developer Build 103287 Linux) Ubuntu 11.04

That's really never heard of here. Does it happen to any other site?

Nope, only here.

(01-09-2012, 01:06 PM)asy7um Wrote: I get this every time I open the forum for the first time (in browser session). Waiting a couple of seconds, then refreshing the page usually fixes it. Maybe that's related?

[Image: xonotic_forum_fail.png]
Chromium 14.0.835.202 (Developer Build 103287 Linux) Ubuntu 11.04

Same here. Using latest version of google-chrome.

Chrometroubles, let me presume? Or something similar with other browsers, too?

Really seems to be an issue with Chrome, Firefox worked and still works all fine! Smile

I have experienced slowness when browsing the forums down to dial up speeds or less and having to refresh and send the request again. At the time it happened all the other sites I went to were loading fast and fine thought it was just me or some maintenance thing so I never posted about it. using FF btw.
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

Well it could also matter which Firefox version you´re using. I still use 3.6.24, it´s very stable and fast.

Maybe we're from different timezones and have different browsing times.

Both Firefox on one comp, Safiri on other, and phone (android) browser work fine.

I use Chrome (in the UK) and I don't have this issue.

The only (small) problem I experience is that I get directed to a link that is invalid whenever I sign in via clicking on 'New reply' or 'reply'. It's not really much of an issue though, as I can sign in at the top of the page instead.

I still keep getting this Sad:

[Image: LJBF2l.png]

It seems to be a general problem with visiting forums via Chrome. I found a very long but nevertheless interesting thread about this issue:

http://groups.google.com/a/googleproduct...9OS9mS6yc8

If nothing helps I would suggest to use Firefox. It´s fully customizable and can be simplified like Chrome. Additionally there are plenty of useful plugins and add-ons, like adBlock (blocks all the annoying advertisement) or ChatZilla (IRC client).

Hope that helps! Smile

It's ironic that this google groups page gives me a 502.

Chatzilla is silly (IMHO) and adblock exists for chrome too. Get yourself an awesome web browser that doesn't misbehave! Firefox or anything else.

Firefox misbehaves by eating all my cpu on my netbook Sad
Other browsers miss crucial things (for me) like a decent adblock, zotero and google/facebook disconnect extension.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IRC, Discord and Xonotic bot bridge suggestions LegendGuard 2 1,627 11-10-2022, 08:54 AM
Last Post: alexsunny123
  Xonotic, the french forum T0MuX 2 3,050 07-19-2016, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Pendulla
  Xonotic mentioned in Ars Technica forum. sortale 9 10,776 06-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Last Post: KoalaBearScarf
  Xonotic in the news end user 2 3,329 11-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Antibody
Sad Why is the forum dead? Leroy 10 12,933 10-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Finko
  Single Player/Story Mode - Ideas, News, Critique.. Mirio 33 38,735 08-22-2011, 12:36 AM
Last Post: emilydale1993