Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the git repo available?

I wonder if the git repo is available for downloading the latest source.

Development AFAIK had not started.
However feel free to get latest Nexuiz source and start contributing to it while someone sets a repo.

Yes, I don't have much time atm to explain how the repository got organized so here is the short version about getting the project sources

Code:
git clone git://git.xonotic.org/xonotic/xonotic.git
cd xonotic
./all update

Just ask if you have any doubt

Wow you are fast!
Then you can also use your browser: http://git.xonotic.org/

Noob question:
How do I compile and execute this? Do I use my terminal and type in a command line? I downloaded and updated everything through my terminal, but don't know what to do with all this stuff.

We'll have documentation on things like how to compile the game. For now, it's just like Nexuiz was, so you can search for instructions for compiling nexuiz on the alienTRAP forum.

(03-22-2010, 10:10 PM)fabianhjr Wrote: Wow you are fast!
Then you can also use your browser: http://git.xonotic.org/

Did that last night. Sadly, no Windows executable yet.
[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Vordreller,
the git repository contains media and sourcecode that can be compiled into a binary (the working version of the game).

What you're referring to is commonly called a "build". We definitely don't have builds available yet. We likely won't make builds available until we get to a "beta testing" stage and we start asking people to test the game.

But we will give some clear instructions on compiling Xonotic pretty soon, so you can make your own builds.

That's great to see the git has already been started. I will test it.
I have downloaded the latest git. It is working very well. Everything is still nexuiz.

(03-23-2010, 02:51 AM)Dokujisan Wrote: Vordreller,
the git repository contains media and sourcecode that can be compiled into a binary (the working version of the game).

What you're referring to is commonly called a "build". We definitely don't have builds available yet. We likely won't make builds available until we get to a "beta testing" stage and we start asking people to test the game.

But we will give some clear instructions on compiling Xonotic pretty soon, so you can make your own builds.

Well, I have Visual Studio 2008 Professional on my laptop.

It can work with C++, so I take it I could compile it if I knew how C++ works?

? Can't find any instructions for Nexuiz, the only ones I found were for SVN, not GIT.

(03-23-2010, 02:51 AM)Dokujisan Wrote: But we will give some clear instructions on compiling Xonotic pretty soon, so you can make your own builds.

That means its in the work.. but the basic way is the same.. checkout the complete git tree (git clone and calling all update as mentioned above) and then calling make for DP and the gamecode. However there are some subtle differences so please wait for someone having time to write a NICE guide.. stuff is pretty active and busy right now, so please give us some time to sort things out Smile

Also what do you mean with you can't find guide on how to compile Nex just for SVN? In the old days when people talked about SVN they meant the Nex sources/data IN the svn repository.. now it just changed to git, got a new name and will get a makeover to be Xonotic.. with some small changes in the repo layout. But basicly its similar.
Real signature is still in production!

What is this Nexuiz you speak of?

Actually the "all" script just got improved to also do compilation. So if you have an uptodate FTEQCC binary in your PATH variable all thats needed to get a working Xonotic is:

Code:
git clone git://git.xonotic.org/xonotic/xonotic.git
cd xonotic
./all update
./all compile
./all run sdl

esteel, are you talking about Windows?

The Git Bash from mysysgit I'm working with doesn't have "./all compile"

The all script is a bash script.. i guess you would need things like minGW/Msys to get it to work on windows. I'm not sure what git bash does include.. also you need to be in the xonotic checkout dir (where to all script lives) for this to work.

Got a problem, won't compile.
[Image: cw1sf12bhfjee6c01cv.png]

Looks like you need to install fteqcc (the QuakeC compiler http://www.fteqw.com/ ) and fix up all of those other errors above it...
Parents of young organic life forms are warned that towels can be harmful, if swallowed in large quantities.

Actually Lee has more problems.. You should need to install the X11 dev packages. on debian "aptitute install xorg-dev" should do that. You will also need the libsdl dev packages "aptitute install libsdl1.2-dev"

And yeah, fteqcc is missing.. either download as Will said, or compile it from the fteqcc sources from its SVN repository.

OK I'm lost. Is it possible that I may be missing something else? I just did sudo apt install on the missing packages you posted and grabbed the qc compiler from my synaptic and it looks like it compiles most of the way until it gets a segmentation fault.

Code:
lee@lee-desktop ~ $ cd xonotic
lee@lee-desktop ~/xonotic $ ./all compile
make sv-nexuiz cl-nexuiz sdl-nexuiz
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/lee/xonotic/darkplaces'
make bin-release \
        DP_MAKE_TARGET=linux DP_SOUND_API=ALSA \
        EXE="nexuiz-dedicated" LDFLAGS_COMMON="-lm `[ -n "" ] && "/../bin/ode-config" --libs` `[ -n "" ] && echo -lstdc++` `[ -n "" ] && echo \ -lCg\ -lCgGL -lGL` -lrt -ldl" LEVEL=1
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/lee/xonotic/darkplaces'

========== nexuiz-dedicated (release) ==========
make nexuiz-dedicated \
        CFLAGS="-MMD   `[ -n "" ] && echo \ -DSUPPORTCG` -Wall -Wold-style-definition -Wstrict-prototypes -Wsign-compare -Wdeclaration-after-statement   -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-math-errno -ffinite-math-only -fno-rounding-math -fno-signaling-nans -fno-trapping-math"\
        LDFLAGS="-O3 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-math-errno -ffinite-math-only -fno-rounding-math -fno-signaling-nans -fno-trapping-math -DSVNREVISION=`test -d .svn && svnversion || echo -` -DBUILDTYPE=release -lm    -lrt -ldl" LEVEL=2
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/lee/xonotic/darkplaces'
make[3]: `nexuiz-dedicated' is up to date.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/lee/xonotic/darkplaces'
strip nexuiz-dedicated
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/lee/xonotic/darkplaces'
make bin-release \
        EXE="nexuiz-glx" LDFLAGS_COMMON="-lm `[ -n "" ] && "/../bin/ode-config" --libs` `[ -n "" ] && echo -lstdc++` `[ -n "" ] && echo \ -lCg\ -lCgGL -lGL` -lrt -ldl -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lX11 -lXpm -lXext -lXxf86dga -lXxf86vm -lasound `[ -n "" ] && echo \ /libmodplug.a\ -lstdc++`" LEVEL=1

========== nexuiz-glx (release) ==========
make nexuiz-glx \
        CFLAGS="-MMD   `[ -n "" ] && echo \ -DSUPPORTCG` -Wall -Wold-style-definition -Wstrict-prototypes -Wsign-compare -Wdeclaration-after-statement   -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-math-errno -ffinite-math-only -fno-rounding-math -fno-signaling-nans -fno-trapping-math"\
        LDFLAGS="-O3 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-math-errno -ffinite-math-only -fno-rounding-math -fno-signaling-nans -fno-trapping-math -DSVNREVISION=`test -d .svn && svnversion || echo -` -DBUILDTYPE=release -lm    -lrt -ldl -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lX11 -lXpm -lXext -lXxf86dga -lXxf86vm -lasound " LEVEL=2
make[3]: `nexuiz-glx' is up to date.
strip nexuiz-glx
make bin-release \
        EXE="nexuiz-sdl" LDFLAGS_COMMON="-lm `[ -n "" ] && "/../bin/ode-config" --libs` `[ -n "" ] && echo -lstdc++` `[ -n "" ] && echo \ -lCg\ -lCgGL -lGL` -lrt -ldl `sdl-config --libs` `[ -n "" ] && echo \ /libmodplug.a\ -lstdc++`" LEVEL=1

========== nexuiz-sdl (release) ==========
make nexuiz-sdl \
        LDFLAGS="-O3 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-math-errno -ffinite-math-only -fno-rounding-math -fno-signaling-nans -fno-trapping-math -DSVNREVISION=`test -d .svn && svnversion || echo -` -DBUILDTYPE=release -lm    -lrt -ldl -L/usr/lib -lSDL " LEVEL=2
make[3]: `nexuiz-sdl' is up to date.
strip nexuiz-sdl
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lee/xonotic/darkplaces'
[ "" = "" ] || [ "" = "1" ]
[ "" != "" ] || { ! [ -f ../misc/netradiant-XonoticPack/xonotic.game/data/entities.def ] || diff scripts/entities.def ../misc/netradiant-XonoticPack/xonotic.game/data/entities.def || { echo entities.def mismatch, please merge ../misc/netradiant-XonoticPack/xonotic.game/data/entities.def and scripts/entities.def; exit 1; }; }
[ "" != "" ] || { DO_NOT_RUN_MAKE=1 sh update-cvarcount.sh; }
make qc-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/lee/xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir'
cd qcsrc/menu && fteqcc -Werror -Wall -Wno-mundane -O3 -Ono-c -Ono-cs -flo
warning: Unrecognised warning parameter (-Werror)
Source file: progs.src
outputfile: ../../menu.dat
compiling config.qh
compiling ../common/util-pre.qh
compiling msys.qh
compiling mbuiltin.qh
compiling ../warpzonelib/mathlib.qh
compiling ../common/util.qh
compiling oo/base.h
compiling ../common/constants.qh
compiling ../common/mapinfo.qh
compiling ../common/campaign_common.qh
compiling ../common/items.qh
Segmentation fault
make[1]: *** [menu.dat] Error 139
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lee/xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir'
make: *** [qc] Error 2
lee@lee-desktop ~/xonotic $

Looks better now.. i also got a segfault when compiling the game code when i had a too old fteqcc. Try to get the most uptodate fteqcc from the official homepage or compile it yourself. And put that fteqcc in your PATH variable before the "old" one. Like if you put the fteqcc binary into the directory "~/myown/fteqcc/" use:
Code:
PATH=~/myown/fteqcc:$PATH
You probably have to redo this line everything to restart the shell..

Oh and divVerent expanded the "all" script to now also run the game.. Have not yet tested it but it should work like this:
Code:
./all run MODE PARAMS
e.g.
Code:
./all run sdl
or
Code:
./all run agl +vid_fullscreen 1
or
Code:
./all run dedicated +serverconfig myconf.cfg
Also updated my old post to reflect this..

OK now I'm really lost. What would I replace myown with? Also I reinstalled the compiler and double checked the site to make sure it was the most up to date.

(03-25-2010, 05:28 AM)esteel Wrote: Looks better now.. i also got a segfault when compiling the game code when i had a too old fteqcc. Try to get the most uptodate fteqcc from the official homepage or compile it yourself. And put that fteqcc in your PATH variable before the "old" one. Like if you put the fteqcc binary into the directory "~/myown/fteqcc/" use:
Code:
PATH=~/myown/fteqcc:$PATH
You probably have to redo this line everything to restart the shell..

Oh and divVerent expanded the "all" script to now also run the game.. Have not yet tested it but it should work like this:
Code:
./all run MODE PARAMS
e.g.
Code:
./all run sdl
or
Code:
./all run agl +vid_fullscreen 1
or
Code:
./all run dedicated +serverconfig myconf.cfg
Also updated my old post to reflect this..

I run ./all run sdl, it runs quake not xonotic.

(03-25-2010, 05:42 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: OK now I'm really lost. What would I replace myown with? Also I reinstalled the compiler and double checked the site to make sure it was the most up to date.

With the path were you put the "new" fteqcc binary..
Like if you downloaded it, and extracted it to ~/tmp/latest_fteqcc then use that path. I have no idea how you like to organize your computer/files.

(03-25-2010, 06:16 AM)liberty Wrote: I run ./all run sdl, it runs quake not xonotic.

try ./all run sdl -nexuiz for the time being.. the engine still needs to be patched to learn about Xonotic as a standalone game.
As i said.. i have not yet tested it.

(03-25-2010, 06:31 AM)esteel Wrote:
(03-25-2010, 05:42 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: OK now I'm really lost. What would I replace myown with? Also I reinstalled the compiler and double checked the site to make sure it was the most up to date.

With the path were you put the "new" fteqcc binary..
Like if you downloaded it, and extracted it to ~/tmp/latest_fteqcc then use that path. I have no idea how you like to organize your computer/files.

(03-25-2010, 06:16 AM)liberty Wrote: I run ./all run sdl, it runs quake not xonotic.

try ./all run sdl -nexuiz for the time being.. the engine still needs to be patched to learn about Xonotic as a standalone game.
As i said.. i have not yet tested it.

This works.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xonotic Git Help Molnija 4 5,151 01-20-2019, 11:38 PM
Last Post: Molnija
  Fedora Repo Updateto 8.2 preactive 2 2,672 05-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Last Post: preactive
  [SOLVED] setting proper git pushurl BuddyFriendGuy 0 2,318 04-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
Exclamation git branch archival TimePath 2 5,741 02-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Cloning git? end user 2 3,436 09-15-2014, 03:35 AM
Last Post: end user
  Segmentation fault @ Xonotic(git) Ari 2 4,477 01-31-2014, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Ari
Question Supressing available weapon errors... cl_weaponsystem.qc confusion twistedlincoln 4 6,232 07-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Last Post: twistedlincoln
  GIT version size maxyan 7 6,795 03-13-2012, 02:54 AM
Last Post: tZork
  HEADS UP: git repository cleanup - branch deletion divVerent 5 6,840 02-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Last Post: divVerent
  [SOLVED] Compiling from GIT fails: darkplaces unfa 10 15,343 06-20-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: unicornsteak