Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vote for GOG to add Linux versions of games they sell

GOG, a digital distributor of computer games, had a makeover and one of the features this makeover introduced was a community wishlist where users get to submit suggestions for either games or website features and vote on these suggestions. One such request submitted by a user called JudasIscariot was to add Linux versions of games that GOG already sold for Windows to their catalog i.e. games like Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Unreal Tournament 2004, and Neverwinter Nights.

JudasIscariot Wrote:If a game has a Linux version and it is made and supported by the developer please allow the option to download the Linux version if at all possible.

It's taken a while, but the Add Linux versions of games request on the GOG Community Wishlist has surpassed 10 000 votes! This entry is currently placed fifth on the wislist. Get to voting and make it first! This shows that there are gamers using Linux and that they are ravenous for support. With Linux seeing great support thanks to Kickstarter, the Humble Bundle, and Steam, it is only a matter of time before our votes reach the folks at GOG and they go through the simple task of adding Linux versions of the games they already sell for Windows.

Your votes count and they are just a click away!

Thread in the GOG forum asking for Linux support.

You should remove the images from your post. We don't want advertising in here and the images reek of it.

(08-19-2013, 05:50 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: You should remove the images from your post. We don't want advertising in here and the images reek of it.

Done. I just wanted to convey GOG's policies in its own words. Those very words about not selling games with DRM or utilizing regional pricing are what sold me initially, thus I thought they would aid in convincing fellow Linux gamers to vote on these matters. Thanks for the heads up!

I voted. All I had on my account was a game I registered during a sale.

It's a shame that it isn't a popular as Steam. GOG is a really nice game site.
Also Desura

I voted too. Great idea. Smile

Paradox Wrote:Basically I (we) see a big potential in Linux beyond the 1% . Currently Linux sales either just break even or yield a very small profit. But Rome wasn't built in a day.

We don't have a higher idealistic goal about freedom of choice - not more than it meaning that we'll reach a bigger audience.

In the end of the day Paradox makes hardcore games for smart gamers who want smart games - I think the average Linux user just happens to overlap with our niche business quite well.

Source. Wish GOG saw it that way as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cool indie games thread asyyy 15 12,568 01-01-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Julian758
  Need recommendatons for best wireless PC gaming mice and keyboards for Linux CyberGhost 5 1,043 01-29-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  RA jumps on Aerowalk (in 24 different games) Smilecythe 31 22,996 12-26-2016, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Quake 2 Railwarz instaGib CTF!!! Games 7 nights a week! bind key +hook for lazer hook MajorLazer 7 11,479 09-19-2016, 05:34 PM
Last Post: MajorLazer
  Games over. thimo 18 16,394 08-23-2016, 08:36 AM
Last Post: PayTheBill
  Fragmovies from other games- thread Smilecythe 25 24,804 04-23-2016, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Matuka
  8 Craziest Guns In Video Games zeroql 5 5,809 12-10-2015, 08:57 AM
  Cross platform games with dedicated server components? end user 5 5,832 11-24-2015, 02:29 PM
Last Post: end user
  Seems there's a resurgence in high speed and arena FPS games now Lee_Stricklin 12 23,470 09-23-2014, 07:25 AM
  Surround Headset for Linux - experiences? Halogene 2 9,413 05-10-2014, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin