Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blender .maps not working in NetRadiant

Hey, I'm toying with modding and I have exporter 0.21 to export blender maps to NetRadiant. Apart from me struggling with the NetRadiant UI, The Blender Export doesn't work in NetRadiant. (I could be doing something wrong)

Code:
Texture load failed: "textures/"

But, I put 64x64 Textures on all objects... Undecided

AFAIR there was some problem with exporting blender creations to radiant. The workaround was to export as obj and then importing into radiant. Though the textures aren't working anyway and it's bad practice because of low performance. (I'm not a mapper so I might be wrong, but I think it was something like this.)
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

so you want the brushes you created with blender to load in radiant?

An easy and simple way to merge the maps is just to open both map files in a text-editor and merge them. There you can also check whether texture names/path are correct.

But anyway I wouldn't texture brushes in blender as netradiant suits better for that, and if you stay on grid and disable texture-lock, texture alignment is not much work Wink blender is better for uv-stuff / complex models.
[Image: 11436.png] (PLAY/Drunk/Rudi_Aut ^^)

This might sound very plain but if you want to create maps then learn getting used to NetRadiant. There is no way around it. Blender is a modelling software not a level editor. You can create models for your own level with Blender (which is a good thing, no doubt) but the basic shape and structure should always be build with NetRadiant!

(09-09-2012, 07:19 AM)Maddin Wrote: This might sound very plain but if you want to create maps then learn getting used to NetRadiant. There is no way around it. Blender is a modelling software not a level editor. You can create models for your own level with Blender (which is a good thing, no doubt) but the basic shape and structure should always be build with NetRadiant!

I know Blender is a modeling program, that's why I use it to model. Smile I use the level editor to say "bad guy goes here and powerup goes here" and stuff like that.

Sure, but the caulking and the entity placement and lighting are done in NetRadiant, so it's important that you know how to use this. Blender is an additional tool to aid you in mapping, but from what I've seen you can't really skip learning NR.

(09-09-2012, 06:59 AM)Rudi Wrote: so you want the brushes you created with blender to load in radiant?

An easy and simple way to merge the maps is just to open both map files in a text-editor and merge them. There you can also check whether texture names/path are correct.

But anyway I wouldn't texture brushes in blender as netradiant suits better for that, and if you stay on grid and disable texture-lock, texture alignment is not much work Wink blender is better for uv-stuff / complex models.

lol, I didn't know it was a text document. I think I found the cause of the problem. here's one of my coordinates:
Code:

I think the decimal places is too high.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow NetRadiant-custom Garux 25 12,258 03-06-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: anoob
  Updated Xonotic gamepacks for NetRadiant and NetRadiant-custom SpiKe 2 1,808 06-25-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: anoob
  [NEED HELP] No Spawn Point In NetRadiant Map daspeller 0 22,121 10-19-2022, 07:22 PM
Last Post: daspeller
Information Updated NetRadiant builds illwieckz 7 7,811 06-29-2022, 02:33 AM
Last Post: illwieckz
  Can't get netradiant to work with Xonotic NoClue 2 2,393 06-14-2022, 01:25 PM
Last Post: NoClue
  [NEED HELP] Custom NetRadiant Textures / Textures Not Loading 3agle427 3 3,948 09-03-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: HIBANEZ
  [SOLVED] TDM spawn points not working Nyx 2 1,541 08-07-2021, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Nyx
  Netradiant brush outline in 2D view grid mode Nyx 2 1,594 08-05-2021, 12:27 AM
Last Post: Nyx
  NetRadiant for Xonotic? Betaversion 3 2,377 12-22-2020, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Betaversion
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant Models Not Working 3agle427 7 5,279 06-26-2020, 11:40 AM
Last Post: DarkFox