Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] How can i save demos to my computer?

Hi, i have registered some demos from the demo section in xonotic and i want to save it on my mac. Is there any folder where the demos goes on? thanks Smile

(09-06-2013, 05:17 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Do you want to use maps that you have downloaded from servers?

If so, you can find those in the directory ~/.xonotic/data/dlcache/ (that's a hidden directory in your user directory). To have the maps show up in the create tab, move the pk3 file from dlcache to its parent directory.

it will create a "demos" folder inside "data" [~/.xonotic/data/demos].
For screenshots it will create a "screenshots" folder there. Wink

Thanks, but in data, i have only the maps that i have downloaded and nothing else

You don't even have a config.cfg file? If not, you might want to make sure that you're in the right directory.

Otherwise, just create the demo directory. It should be created by the game, but perhaps only when a demo is recorded... I'm not too sure about that.

i didn't find it...

What do you not find?

You can find your data directory by starting Xonotic and typing this in the Xonotic console (shift-esc from the menu):
Code:
which config.cfg

In Linux-based OSes, that should tell you config.cfg is in /home/DagDigg/.xonotic/data/ (which is a hidden directory because it starts with a dot).

In MacOS the directory is under Library/Application Support/Xonotic, IIRC.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Wow, I thought in the last thread that you said you were a Linux user. Then Mirio copied my bad advice in here and I had no way to know it was wrong Tongue

So yeah, DagDigg, you might want to listen to Halogene here and apply the same advice to the previous thread as well.

EDIT: And next time, give us more info! "I didn't find it" doesn't say what you did not find! I thought you meant config.cfg, but you did not even find the first component of the path I gave you! (/home/)

(09-10-2013, 01:11 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Wow, I thought in the last thread that you said you were a Linux user.

Heh I thought it was correct for Mac even. Is not it hidden there?
(But yeah, let's just blame you! Tongue)

@ DagDigg: Advice: Provide information at least about your OS (more like CPU, GPU if there are technical issues) if you post these kind of threads, because probably not everyone is reading previous threads.

Well, he was asking for how to put maps on his mac...
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Can't hear the announcer voice anymore gianmarco 4 605 01-16-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: gianmarco
  [INVALID] Resolution can't be changed Majki 17 13,257 08-14-2022, 02:41 AM
Last Post: FAF
  [NEED HELP] Can't set 2k resolution noteven 4 2,955 05-07-2021, 02:33 PM
Last Post: noteven
  [NEED HELP] Can't join anymore fenjrill 5 3,134 07-17-2020, 07:04 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Sudden loss of sound in Xonotic, can not get it to return. SeveredinTwain 5 3,993 03-26-2020, 05:55 AM
Last Post: FAF
  [SOLVED] how can i get defrag entities in netradiant? bananovenc 5 3,608 01-03-2020, 11:31 AM
Last Post: SpiKe
Question [NEED HELP] can't build netradiant (SOLVED) bananovenc 7 4,490 12-25-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: illwieckz
  [SOLVED] Can't click on my name in XonStats TheChrississin 4 2,632 03-09-2019, 10:24 AM
Last Post: falco
  [NEED HELP] How can i swap my account on a different pc? GTFO 1 1,926 11-23-2018, 12:42 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [NEED HELP] can't join any server in the list psy31 2 3,252 11-02-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: psy31