Create an account

Poll: Adding Xonotic would be good?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yay.
50.00%
1 50.00%
Nay.
0%
0 0%
Not sure about this... :|
0%
0 0%
To soon! In future: yes. "Noaw", no.
50.00%
1 50.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Xonotic should at itself to openhatch.org

Recently there was a article on /. about some guy wanted to start contribute back to the FOSS world and openhatch which is a FOSS involvement engine from "these guise".

This could ease with the "not helping" -> "helping" transformation part in getting involved with Xonotic. Especially I guess, if there was a "Want to contribute? page - link" on Xonotic's front page. However this would need some documentation regarding contributing even if the page just said: "Look at the dev-tracker and "future-to-be-wiki" and join the irc-channel, please!".

Lol, forgot the important part. Adding Xonotic to mentioned site is as easy as "searching for it and klick add".

That means throwing away our existing bug tracker and using that service instead - and losing all data in case that service goes away.

Does it even also require hosting the repositories there?

Now, if it could be integrated with our existing bug tracker, or if it could be used without moving all our tracker items there and still keeping on using our redmine tracker as PRIMARY source, then this may be useful.

(05-17-2010, 03:46 AM)divVerent Wrote: That means throwing away our existing bug tracker and using that service instead - and losing all data in case that service goes away.
It does? :/
If that is/was the case.. then 'just walk away'. No good can come from stuff like that.

As I understand it, its just a page where lots of FOSS projects gather and you can point interested people in the right direction.

(05-17-2010, 03:46 AM)divVerent Wrote: Does it even also require hosting the repositories there?
I don't believe so... no. That would be really stupid if that was the case.

(05-17-2010, 03:46 AM)divVerent Wrote: Now, if it could be integrated with our existing bug tracker, or if it could be used without moving all our tracker items there and still keeping on using our redmine tracker as PRIMARY source, then this may be useful.
THIS--^

Yeah, it would be nice to use this as a 'point people in the right direction'.
As in links to subforums, the upcoming wiki, the present redmine tracker, 'oh this bug it something that no one wants to touch with a ten foot pole' and whatever else comes to mind.

I fully agree with the ehm.. sentiment about pages/sites/data horders that want to centralise stuff and more or less want to steal ones stuff/data/content/teeth. That shit just goes under a lawnmower with some nasty rusty blades. Any may, since openhatch is a opensource project for FOSS project I hope they grasp this with the decentralised stuff otherwise its pretty much doomed already.

The problem simply is that having more than one bug tracker will lead to bugs not being noticed by the devs simply because they do not frequent the particular site the bug was posted on. IMHO the bug tracking has to stay centralized.

Once we start using that, people will likely post bugs there, and the devs won't even know about them.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

(05-17-2010, 06:26 AM)divVerent Wrote: The problem simply is that having more than one bug tracker will lead to bugs not being noticed by the devs simply because they do not frequent the particular site the bug was posted on. IMHO the bug tracking has to stay centralized.

Once we start using that, people will likely post bugs there, and the devs won't even know about them.
Well... openhatch don't have a bugtracker, afaik. Sure you can describe a particular bug there, but as I said before its better to point people in the right direction.

Or we could have a large "Help Us!" button on the front page which shows the user a list of skills, they click on what they know and they are shown what they could do (possibly a plugin for redmine which shows relevant tickets)
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] x Frags Left should come before other announcements gd 0 1,391 06-21-2023, 11:27 AM
Last Post: gd
  [SUGGESTION] Teams should start with the same total health in ca gd 2 2,953 04-15-2022, 03:23 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Screw the brain dead bot campaign, this is what singleplayer REALLY should be Lee_Stricklin 7 6,767 05-09-2016, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] Should we move Engines? Beagle 24 16,909 05-07-2016, 03:48 AM
Last Post: tZork
Sad [SUGGESTION] There should be more improvement (should be added yet) Eonman 5 4,882 05-27-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Ogger73
  [SUGGESTION] A game package should contain all needed components kanatov 2 4,321 03-10-2015, 10:58 PM
Last Post: kanatov
  [SUGGESTION] Should There be an official Xonotic T-Shirt? Zeo 13 17,174 01-16-2015, 03:13 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Advanced Options tweaks that should maybe be default Lee_Stricklin 16 18,588 01-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Last Post: edh
  [SUGGESTION] Should I set up a PPA for Xonotic or is it too early? Minkovsky 10 11,500 10-02-2012, 01:57 AM
Last Post: zykure
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Should switching to the already equipped weapon switch to the previous weapon? Loafers 11 11,566 06-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Last Post: CuBe0wL