Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's not take it too far

I know this thread may be for naught (because this is already being considered perhaps?), but I decided to post it anyway.

I like a lot of the suggestions people have been posting and most of them are practical (or just suggesting things be redesigned for the better). But I don't think several types of features should be implemented.

I don't think what should give an edge to a player of equal skill as his opponent, should be a weapon upgrade, or extra damage.

Now I haven't seen any suggestions of this kind yet, but I think some may pop up.

Reply with your opinion.

We already have the Strength item. And weapon upgrade? Not really needed. If anything, an extra powerup for faster weapon fire.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

(05-18-2010, 01:04 AM)divVerent Wrote: We already have the Strength item. And weapon upgrade? Not really needed. If anything, an extra powerup for faster weapon fire.

I didn't realize there was a strength item. And I wasn't suggesting we have weapon upgrades, a powerup for faster weapon fire sounds good though.

i don't really like strength in duel, it can be quite good in 2v2 because it produces an interesting control point for teams. (it sometimes over-centralizes the game though). I have no experience using it in ctf to judge on

If there was a similar thing for faster weapon fire, again i think it possibly should be left out of duel (obviously this would be configurable by server admins though so it doesn't really matter)
[Image: 716.png]

If there was a speed powerup, IMO it should speed up player movement as well as firing speed. Like the Haste powerup from Quake 3 Smile

(05-19-2010, 02:57 PM)Beefeater Wrote: If there was a speed powerup, IMO it should speed up player movement as well as firing speed. Like the Haste powerup from Quake 3 Smile
There already is, see Minsta powerups or the game mode where you collect various powerups/powerdowns. In fact there's a whole tonne of these (vampire, strength, shield, invisibility, speed), none of which enhance Competitive play as I see it.
[Image: forum.png]

Speed could be useful for CTF to be honest, but I wouldn't have it TDM.

Could be argued that powerups in TDM should be disabled for 2on2 and only apply for 3v3/4v4 TDM (by the way 3v3 TDM sucks Smile 4v4 ftw!) Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music Tuba, tuba, tuba (and akkordeon too!) rafallus 24 19,702 01-12-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Halogene
  SSL downloads and updater (Let's Encrypt) Theoxenia 4 3,483 04-02-2017, 06:06 PM
Last Post: cefiar