Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet Explorer

What does the Xonotic community think about this hated browser?

I think anything other then the latest sucks

Sucktardish browser.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

It's the browser I would use to browse facebook if I ever did. That, or Safari.

I have used it to download other browsers only.
[Image: 12766.png]
Sucks at weapons

(10-12-2013, 05:02 AM)kammy Wrote: I have used it to download other browsers only.

Same. That or I used it to see what kind of updates they've done.

What do you think about windows ME.

Windows ME was one final attempt at flogging home users the same old DOS based Windows that was already a dead end technology. Windows 2000 was launched before but only in Pro and various server editions. ME was a way of plugging the gap in the short term before Windows XP took off from where Windows 2000 was. Windows ME died with the launch of Windows XP and pretty quickly was forgotten about and support ended at the same time as Windows 98. There's no real point in it over Windows 98 SE.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

Not even going to sugar coat it:
Internet Explorer is buggy, exploited to Hell and back, piece of shit with virtually no functionality outside of being used to download a better browser.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

windows media player sucks itunes sucks

I love IE 6 so much that I installed it on my Ubuntu system through Wine and made it my default browser ;D

(no, seriously, I don't use it at home, but I am sometimes forced to use it at work because of some web apps that won't work with Firefox / Chromium).

My first web browser was Mosaic. That was a long time ago and I haven't used it since early 1998, not long after it was discontinued. Amazingly there are open source forks of Mosaic out there which have been maintained until quite recently.

IE is awesome, it's a standard so it must be. Since Windows is a standard that is, or wait....

(10-12-2013, 01:25 AM)aa Wrote: Sucktardish browser.
(10-12-2013, 02:52 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: It's the browser I would use to browse facebook if I ever did. That, or Safari.
(10-12-2013, 05:02 AM)kammy Wrote: I have used it to download other browsers only.
The list of all posible uses. Bump. Even Xonotic has way more functionality.

(10-12-2013, 08:50 AM)edh Wrote: My first web browser was Mosaic. That was a long time ago and I haven't used it since early 1998, not long after it was discontinued. Amazingly there are open source forks of Mosaic out there which have been maintained until quite recently.

First one I used was the one that overtook it, Netscape Navigator. Netscape Navigator used the Mozilla codebase that would later find it's way into Firefox and Sea Monkey.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Color profiles. 'nuff said.

[Image: j7dK5oqkKA4lh.jpg]

(10-12-2013, 08:50 AM)edh Wrote: My first web browser was Mosaic. That was a long time ago and I haven't used it since early 1998, not long after it was discontinued. Amazingly there are open source forks of Mosaic out there which have been maintained until quite recently.

where? i'd like to test them out
[Image: 10253.png]

Mosiac-CK is the only real one I think that works on a modern, supported OS although I've never tried it:
http://www.floodgap.com/retrotech/machten/mosaic/

The original reason for forks was people wanting to make it work on obscure systems that have long since become obsolete themselves so I highly doubt you'll have an OpenVMS install or similar to test on!

Edit: I'm not seriously suggesting this for actual use. The authors acknowledge it's a dead loss for HTML5. You can instead consider it as a history lesson.

the only time i used this "internot exploder", was the time that windows requires it to use for downloading the rest of the updates. then i used it to download netscape browser which was my first browser to use at the time. ActiveX, which was notorious for causing severe security vulnerabilities is one of the main reasons for its dislike, the other simply put because it is horrible when it comes to rendering web pages. it is also a huge pain in the butt for developing.

IE11 is kawaii:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHTUlF7NA2o
http://www.internetexplorertan.com
[Image: OYvkngZ.png] I'm woky on IRC.

I might use it if both Chrome and Firefox ceased to work for some reason.

if the above happens, i d use opera.

(10-12-2013, 05:29 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: What do you think about windows ME.

I never knew Windows ME was bad until the internet told me.
And that was years later.
How to Englich?

Sorry for the bump. But I forgot about posting this until now.

Thanks for all the opinions!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wisdom of Internet anark10n 14 10,646 03-27-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: anark10n
  [SOLVED]Experiencing Some Internet Problems anark10n 4 5,290 09-03-2012, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  CleanIT wants to censor EU Internet for "anti-terrorism" Minkovsky 28 27,780 08-21-2012, 03:55 AM
Last Post: Cyber Killer
  Devastating internet censorship plan (new SOPA) to be put in practice from July! MirceaKitsune 21 20,376 06-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
  Weird requests from the dark corners of the internet? Minkovsky 8 7,698 05-22-2012, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Minkovsky
  Help fight internet censorship and SOPA! MirceaKitsune 22 24,727 03-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Maddin
  can anyone help my fail internet. ... 11 10,940 01-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Spaceman