Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melanified Maps

Here are some maps I've modified to make them work better in the rifle Freezetag server.

City New-York
  • city_new-york_melano3.pk3
  • Reduced package size from 80Mb to 23Mb
  • Removed NPC's
  • Removed the night club
  • Added a few jump pad to get on top of tall buildings
  • Added screenshot
  • Removed the _skybox (this fixed the minimap)
  • Added one of the default background musics
  • Added support for most gametypes in mapinfo
  • Added support for ctf
  • Added weapons, armor, health and ammo pickups
  • Added warpzones to the train tracks
  • Made it easier to get in the room by the window
  • Removed alarm and turret

Cubes
  • cubes-x03-r02_melano1.pk3
  • removed clipping that prevented player from reaching the edges of the map
  • Added textures to the surfaces that are now accessible
  • Added a death floor in case someone falls off the map

I must say Melanosuchus did a pretty good job. NY should be even more popular now that it won't take 20 min to download and Cubes is awesome now. These shoudl be good for both TDM/DM/FT style game play.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(10-15-2013, 10:47 AM)end user Wrote: and Cubes is awesome now.

Wasn't it previously? Sad

Now you can use it in all of its awesomeness Wink

(10-15-2013, 12:47 PM)Justin Wrote: Wasn't it previously? Sad
There were areas in your map that were too tempting to go to, but were blocked off with invisible walls. Sometimes you need to think outside the cube. Wink

(10-15-2013, 12:47 PM)Justin Wrote:
(10-15-2013, 10:47 AM)end user Wrote: and Cubes is awesome now.

Wasn't it previously? Sad

Oh it was a NICE map before but with the whole map now open like access to the ledges and all the cubes and even the cube towers its now even nicer. If it was twice as long it might even be a pretty cool CTF map.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

New melanification:

Capturecity revisited

New melanification:

Greatwall Revisited

lame. why dont you design your own maps?
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(11-17-2013, 06:00 AM)Cortez666 Wrote: lame. why dont you design your own maps?
Why don't you take example from him and maybe go fix some of your own maps.

You're not even trying to be subtle anymore, eh.

Please stop flaming and read up on free art. And if you're not going to argue your "point", don't bother posting in this thread any more.

I just do what I'm asked to do...
Besides, there are a ton of cool old maps that need just a bit of polishing to be usable in Xonotic.

I asked him to fix/modify some map for my servers, if you don't like it then it sounds like a personal problem. Oh there will be more maps so don't worry your dick head level will have plenty more time to grow as the maps are released.

(11-17-2013, 06:12 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: Why don't you take example from him and maybe go fix some of your own maps.
xonotic needs a set balance but thats not going to happen soon. With the introduction of the lg all work would be useless.

(11-17-2013, 07:33 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Please stop flaming and read up on free art. And if you're not going to argue your "point", don't bother posting in this thread any more.

free art is also about creativity and what Melanosuchus is doing can be hardly called creative work.

(11-17-2013, 11:24 AM)end user Wrote: I asked him to fix/modify some map for my servers, if you don't like it then it sounds like a personal problem. Oh there will be more maps so don't worry your dick head level will have plenty more time to grow as the maps are released.
tbh forcing maps into another game mode is a bad. the quality of the map will suffer.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I got one for you. Imagine me playing the worlds smallest violin while crickets are chirping away.

(11-17-2013, 12:56 PM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(11-17-2013, 06:12 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: Why don't you take example from him and maybe go fix some of your own maps.
xonotic needs a set balance but thats not going to happen soon. With the introduction of the lg all work would be useless.

(11-17-2013, 07:33 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Please stop flaming and read up on free art. And if you're not going to argue your "point", don't bother posting in this thread any more.

free art is also about creativity and what Melanosuchus is doing can be hardly called creative work.

(11-17-2013, 11:24 AM)end user Wrote: I asked him to fix/modify some map for my servers, if you don't like it then it sounds like a personal problem. Oh there will be more maps so don't worry your dick head level will have plenty more time to grow as the maps are released.
tbh forcing maps into another game mode is a bad. the quality of the map will suffer.

Basically his point was: If you want something changed in the map design you can customize allready exisiting one (or make a copy), but it's much more fun and creative to create brand new one with all that things and more. This way you will create level that completly fullfils your needs but also you will become the creator. You will have an impact on how the game looks and the fact that people will be playing your own maps will make you happy. That's the hard way, but it might pay off, end user. And thats what Cortez tried to say.

Its good you play violin. For how long?

Edit: I am always opened on the feedback. If you need any of my maps to be customized or tweaked in any way, just message me. I don't mind any changes on my maps done by others (GPL) unless theose changes will make map unplayable.

(11-17-2013, 12:56 PM)Cortez666 Wrote:
Do you mean a balance to the visual theme? I don't see how that's relevant, unless it's what keeps you away. What I meant was more like for instance "Go fix the spawns facing towards the void in your Evilspace remake."

Or we can just get on with it and have more maps for other game types like say vehicles by simply editing already existing ones. More maps = more fun = more players sticking around.

I learnt to play violin 5 seconds are the last Cortez replay.

(11-17-2013, 01:44 PM)Justin Wrote: Basically his point was: If you want something changed in the map design you can customize allready exisiting one (or make a copy), but it's much more fun and creative to create brand new one with all that things and more. This way you will create level that completly fullfils your needs but also you will become the creator. You will have an impact on how the game looks and the fact that people will be playing your own maps will make you happy. That's the hard way, but it might pay off, end user. And thats what Cortez tried to say.

Its good you play violin. For how long?

Edit: I am always opened on the feedback. If you need any of my maps to be customized or tweaked in any way, just message me. I don't mind any changes on my maps done by others (GPL) unless theose changes will make map unplayable.

(11-17-2013, 12:56 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: free art is also about creativity and what Melanosuchus is doing can be hardly called creative work.

Your vision is superior, we get it. Now what's the use in exposing that opinion in the most insulting way you could think of? Your comment is inflamatory and counterproductive, and it earns you a warning.

(11-17-2013, 02:04 PM)Smilecythe Wrote: Do you mean a balance to the visual theme? I don't see how that's relevant, unless it's what keeps you away. What I meant was more like for instance "Go fix the spawns facing towards the void in your Evilspace remake."

which version do you mean? there are several. in one version this is fixed.

Greatwall Revisited was pretty well received by players on my server. With a few tweaks it'll be a popular vehicle map.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [MAPS] Sketchy Maps _para 4 3,996 08-18-2020, 07:15 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  xonotic-maps-extra.pk3 - Most Duel Cup maps and removed official maps in one pk3 northivanastan 1 3,713 06-20-2018, 09:41 AM
Last Post: northivanastan