Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Updating

How do i upte my game but still keep my data like my settings

Settings are not stored in your Xonotic/ directory as they live in different places (eg. .xonotic/ on Linux). Therefore if you do an update you should not lose settings. Are you using the autoupdater or downloading the whole game again?
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

For updating, you can use the script contained in your Xonotic folder under misc/tools/rsync-updater. There should be an update script for every operating system Xonotic runs on. If you're running 0.6 and want to update to 0.7, use the "update-to-release" script, if you want to get the latest bleeding edge nightly build, then use the "update-to-autobuild" script. Note that the nightly builds may be not as stable as the official release, though I had only one or two freezes/startup failures so far if I recall correctly.

The settings and other user data are being stored in a separate folder, depending on your operating system this can be ".xonotic" in your home directory (linux), something like "My Games/Xonotic" (Windows, I'm not sure about that one though), or "Library/Application Support/Xonotic" in your home directory (MacOS).
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Even if you would completely delete your game, or have like both a git build for developing shit, and a normal build for playing, your settings wouldn't be lost. They are all saved in (on Windows) C:/users/<yourname>/savedgames/xonotic/.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] Git updating problem Karbofos 2 5,434 04-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Last Post: lectroidmarc