Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[SUGGESTION] Shotgun and Super Shotgun

The Streetsweeper is pretty much a copycat of the Nexuiz shotgun while the Super Streetsweeper is based off an idea proposed by C Brutail a while back. I used two Unreal Tournament 99 references, one UC2 reference, and one Perfect Dark classic reference to better explain the roles of each weapon.

Streetsweeper
---------------------
Description: Xonotic's Enforcer. It's a weapon you spawn with, it packs a small punch, is the easiest to use, but is NEVER the best weapon for a given situation.

Image/look I'm thinking of: Single barrel, drum magazine, similar sites to one used on Nexuiz' shotgun. Because this is a more all-around assault weapon, it may be a good idea to place the drum magazine behind the handle.

Primary: Uses a single shell to pop a semi-accurate shot

Secondary: A burst of three shots at a third of the accuracy

Super Streetsweeper
---------------------
Description: Xonotic's close-range Flak Cannon and Skedar Reaper. Devastating in close-range encounters.

Image/look I'm thinking of: Double barrel, drum magazine with sites that look similar to the ones on Unreal Championship 2's Ripjack and Flak Cannon weapons. (I'll upload pics later to describe what I'm talking about). Drum magazine definitely placed in front of the handle.

Primary: Pops off a powerful shot that is devastating at close range (think Nexuiz 2.5.2 shotgun primary fire), but useless past medium ranges.

Secondary: Revs up and proceeds to unload the weapon at an alarming rate. The longer the secondary is held, the more inaccurate the weapon becomes. A single secondary shot does less damage than a primary shot.

Links to Unreal Championship 2 Rpjack for reference to get an idea of what I'm talking about on what the front sites on the Super Streetsweeper would look like.

Ripjack
http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Ripjack

sounds epic, i always liked the idea of a pick-up, 'real' shotgun for nexuiz. You guys are doing such a good job keep it up Smile
[Image: 716.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Fixed shotgun spread as a cvar lerh050 1 787 09-03-2022, 05:59 AM
Last Post: Freddy
  [SUGGESTION] Super Shotgun pickup Paulby 2 2,048 11-15-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: _para
  [SUGGESTION] Orange base and blue base instead of red and blue base? kay 24 19,287 06-07-2011, 02:00 AM
Last Post: divVerent
  [SUGGESTION] Shotgun Zailemaos 10 9,473 08-31-2010, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Beefeater
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon - shotgun frostwyrm333 13 13,640 05-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin