Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know you've played too much Xonotic when...

Hello Xonotic community!

I found this great joke on the AssaultCube forums and decided to start a similar thread here. To play the game, just reply by completing the sentence. For example:

You know you've played too much Xonotic when...

I was waiting in a line I thought was too long and imagined slapping my way through with the shotgun. Big Grin

Have fun!

-Sniperz

Hehe that's amusing, I thought we already had that thread but that was actually an old memory from the nexuiz forums: http://www.alienTRAP.org/archive/forum/v...f=1&t=3464

... When you get nervous paronoic and twtchy, you react twice as fast when somebody is behind you, might even hit them, while they had no evil intents. You also lag a lot.

... When you stand up from you chair and try to bunny hop to the fridge.

... When you dont stand up and try to navigate yourself with a keyboard.

Generaly, its the fact you are twitchy, paranoic and you reactions speed up.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

(12-07-2013, 04:19 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Hehe that's amusing, I thought we already had that thread but that was actually an old memory from the nexuiz forums: http://www.alienTRAP.org/archive/forum/v...f=1&t=3464

I remembered the same thread instantly and was about to link to it as well! Big Grin

Edit: I guess this memorization also fits perfectly to the topic.

t> When You can tell XSAX just by his movement on the map, without him calling anybody Gay

That 's the best one from the old ones, i think.

.. When the first thing you do immediately after waking up is ramp jump out of the bed.

... When you wished that martial arts were more balanced.

... when you understand how tZork came to be T-Zork.

... When you want to beat Smilecythe for muther-fucking his nickname, but realize he is better then you/(LoverDickUmbrella is really ugly)

... When you get used to pawnies.

...when I took a look outside and saw the dark edges around some plants, and the first thought I had was "Oh no, the wrong shader is on!"

-Sniperz

...when you start bunny hopping down the stairs.

I do that! well, try to...

... when you enter a gun shop and get surprised by the amount, similarity and disbalance of the weapons.

You know you've been at this for too long when: Your reaction to getting sprayed or hit by something thrown by one of your coworkers is "same team retard"

(12-08-2013, 08:30 AM)rocknroll237 Wrote: ...when you start bunny hopping down the stairs.

I actually figured out how to bunny hop (as in, actual jumps with both feet off the ground, not skipping) on the floor at my last workplace when it had a certain level of slickness to it. Said hops actually allowed faster movement than what could be achieved through sprinting.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

...when jump onto your green pull-over en-passant and only then realize you actually have to put it on manually

...when you, as a matter of routine, return to the same spot exactly 30 seconds after your first attempt and wonder why it doesn't respawn

...when you finally realize your green pull-over actually doesn't give you a 100 armor upgrade
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(12-08-2013, 02:44 PM)Halogene Wrote: ...when jump onto your green pull-over en-passant and only then realize you actually have to put it on manually

...when you, as a matter of routine, return to the same spot exactly 30 seconds after your first attempt and wonder why it doesn't respawn

...when you finally realize your green pull-over actually doesn't give you a 100 armor upgrade

Green mega armouur shoud comntain a geen cap as well to work.

... when you knowthe full contents of the mega armour.

... when you dont wake up at 6 am becouse all servers are empty anyway.

... when you try to strafe from sidde to side while driving to gain speed.

... when you try to catch up on a tank on your foot.

...when if you get your hands on a rocket launcher, the first thing you try is a rocket jump. Big Grin

...when you go a gun show and you're wondering where's the nexguns, crylinks, electros and lasers.

-Sniperz

... when a laser shot is a slowish projectile whose main purpose is to knock you and other's around.

... you can partake seriously in debates like why rocket jumping makes perfect sense while rocket boosting does not.

... you actually take your time to write and read things like this.

... you think about balance and try to come up with a singleplayer story for Xonotic in the shower.
... but rocket flying is a serious disbalance to the essencial basics of level design and planning, like the use of grappling hook and misuse of modified server configs and minsta... and you understand what the frase above means

... When you pick up a chihuahua and pretend it's a rocket launcher.

... when you try running with a tuba.
... when you chase your friends around with a tuba
... when you can win a duel by staying out of sight and only using prediction weapons (curvy rockets, electro combo, mortar secondary)
... when you practice saying "TEST YOUR ART" and "AMAZING" in the deepest voice you can in public
... when, in minsta+hook CTF, you organize everyone on your team to shoot grapples into each other and then lead your Battle Train into victory (I have no clue if this works or not for larger groups but I know it's possible to grapple onto other players)
... when one of your friends says something ridiculous and you think about moving them to Whackity Wicktown
... when you're so used to the lag that other games feel unsettling

.. when your dlcache has content for over 9GB, without any development/creativity involvement.
.. when you're top 5 in almost half of the gametype leaderboards.
.. when you have days when you don't get to finish a single instagib duel match due to the opponent rage quitting.

... when you start the game

...When you dont start the game becouse it is always on.

...when you appear on the "Most active players" list on XonStats Leaderboard Big Grin

...when you are discussing absolutely non-Xonotic related content overly tired and half-asleep with someone in the middle of the night and automatically object to the phrase "but I'm faster than you" with "not when I'm bunny hopping" - and only realize by the reaction of your discussion partner that you said something utterly silly.

This happened to me three days ago.
My Xonstats Profile

Oh, i actually thought it was silly because it is silly NOT to bunny hop in Xon.

Huh Well, the person I was talking to had never ever played a single game of Xonotic nor was aware of the game or the concept of bunny hopping in the first place, so bunny hopping couldn't have crossed such person's mind Wink
My Xonstats Profile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We can pretty much declare Quake Live dead Lee_Stricklin 21 24,720 05-31-2016, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
Wink Splatoon, Cause Nintendo Can FPS Too Orbiter Sunblast 2 4,484 07-20-2015, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Orbiter Sunblast
  How much more to Skrillex's level? unfa 9 12,103 12-23-2014, 03:32 PM
Last Post: The mysterious Mr. 4m
  Anybody here played TuxRacer before? satuim 20 16,498 10-03-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Cyber Killer
  too many to choose from hutty 21 13,541 09-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Got a server. Don't know what to do with it. JayWalker 2 3,527 08-15-2012, 02:30 PM
Last Post: JayWalker
  You'll thank me when you read click on this thread...trust me .Danny. 20 26,501 08-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  what would you do if you were in my situation with this laptop jacob 13 11,158 02-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Last Post: tZork
  Anybody know of any good mods for Deus Ex? Lee_Stricklin 9 13,300 09-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  Quake irc how to (i don't know!) .Danny. 6 8,704 07-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Last Post: theShadow