Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Suggestion: Need tribes like outdoor map; need bot learn to use jetpack or hook

(12-17-2013, 09:49 PM)zwz Wrote: Do I put it in gamefolder\server\server.cfg ? I changed it, along with someother settings (changed bot mumbers to 5, set vampire mutator to 1...). Then I started Xonotic, hit creat, and found nothing changed. Those mutators are still unchecked. What's wrong?

The "create" menu runs a listen server, which makes no use of the server.cfg which is for dedicated servers.

In a listen server, you can just set the variables in the game console (shift escape) and then restart the game by issuing the "restnart" command in that same console.

If you want to run a dedicated server (that's a bit more technical and more of a long-term task), there are instructions in the help files in that server directory you saw.

end user, there is no such thing as "custom.cfg" in a default setting.

(12-17-2013, 11:57 PM)end user Wrote:
(12-17-2013, 09:49 PM)zwz Wrote:
Quote:There's a setting to allow bots with jetpacks

Put this in your server.cfg or custom.cfg

Code:
set bot_ai_navigation_jetpack 1

Do I put it in gamefolder\server\server.cfg ? I changed it, along with someother settings (changed bot mumbers to 5, set vampire mutator to 1...). Then I started Xonotic, hit creat, and found nothing changed. Those mutators are still unchecked. What's wrong?

Are you using windows or Linux? Never tested a server in windows. If in linux your server.cfg file should be in home/user_name/.xonotic/data
Yes I am using Win7...

(12-18-2013, 01:11 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote:
(12-17-2013, 09:49 PM)zwz Wrote: Do I put it in gamefolder\server\server.cfg ? I changed it, along with someother settings (changed bot mumbers to 5, set vampire mutator to 1...). Then I started Xonotic, hit creat, and found nothing changed. Those mutators are still unchecked. What's wrong?

The "create" menu runs a listen server, which makes no use of the server.cfg which is for dedicated servers.

In a listen server, you can just set the variables in the game console (shift escape) and then restart the game by issuing the "restnart" command in that same console.

If you want to run a dedicated server (that's a bit more technical and more of a long-term task), there are instructions in the help files in that server directory you saw.

end user, there is no such thing as "custom.cfg" in a default setting.

So there is no way to preset my commands for a listen server?

Probably by setting them in autoexec.cfg instead of server.cfg. You have to create that file, put it next to config.cfg in your personal data directory. Type
Code:
which config.cfg
in the Xonotic console (shift escape) to know where that is.

A Tribe2 like mod with some ideas from the DOTA mod (is the source of that available?) could a cool.

Concerning the terrain editing... I agree that could be easier. Torque3D has probably the best open-source tools for something like that.

Has anyone tried this though: http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=8

OK, finally I got it: put your commands into a xx.cfg file, put the file into the data folder, then exec xx.cfg in the game console.
I got bots using jetpacks now. Strange thing is that sometimes they fly around mindlessly.

I will see if those large maps work better in this case

(12-19-2013, 11:16 AM)zwz Wrote: ...
Strange thing is that sometimes they fly around mindlessly.
I would be surprised if they did NOT act mindless. We are talking abt Xonotic bots here! Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is adding a Quake-like laser to the main game a good idea? cushinga 2 1,076 03-28-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Difficulty met during Translation work, and suggestion NaitLee 3 1,399 08-08-2022, 08:03 AM
Last Post: NaitLee
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Nexiuz-like tutorial for beginners agvant1b0 1 2,413 05-19-2022, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Freddy
  [SUGGESTION] Power-ups like in Quake/Nexuiz Classic DrAndi 2 2,661 02-06-2022, 01:35 AM
Last Post: z411
  [SUGGESTION] Add pickup bot to official IRC channel? poVoq 2 2,013 06-12-2020, 02:13 PM
Last Post: poVoq
Question Bot behavior Snowmane 1 1,928 03-03-2018, 05:35 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  [SUGGESTION] Maps that promote Tribes-like gameplay Lee_Stricklin 3 3,316 08-26-2017, 05:15 PM
Last Post: hox3d
  [SUGGESTION] Suggestion for empty servers fool 4 5,035 06-18-2017, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] Use more music tracks in new maps Lee_Stricklin 2 3,419 02-17-2017, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] Screw the brain dead bot campaign, this is what singleplayer REALLY should be Lee_Stricklin 7 6,767 05-09-2016, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin