Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Message of the day problem

I did a forum search and was unable to find information about this.

I'm having trouble with the motd.

Sometimes it shows up when a player connects and sometimes it doesn't. Usually it seems, it doesn't.

So I have two questions:

A) Does anyone have any clues as to why it's not showing up every time a player connects?

B) Is there a command for specifying how long the motd stays visible?

Thanks!

I'm not entirely familiar with the motd settings, but you can try to do "apropos motd" in console to get all commands that deal with the motd.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(02-25-2014, 02:19 PM)Halogene Wrote: I'm not entirely familiar with the motd settings, but you can try to do "apropos motd" in console to get all commands that deal with the motd.

Hey, thanks for the reply. It looks like there is just sv_motd and notification_CENTER_MOTD. Bummer.

I guess it just faded away really quick.
"i" is the default key to make it show up again. Smile

If you want to show in game message look at the help.cfg file and how to activate it. In server console type in help_loop or at the end of the server.cfg file put in help_loop. You can add your messages in the help.cfg file that will shows in game at different invervals.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(02-26-2014, 02:46 AM)end user Wrote: If you want to show in game message look at the help.cfg file and how to activate it. In server console type in help_loop or at the end of the server.cfg file put in help_loop. You can add your messages in the help.cfg file that will shows in game at different invervals.

Perfect. That's even better. Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [SOLVED] XDF Server - Problem with player collision -maniac|Su- 2 4,519 11-23-2013, 04:38 PM
Last Post: -maniac|Su-
  [SOLVED] Problem with Serveur ( Windows ) jeantallu 17 11,653 11-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Last Post: jeantallu
  Rcon via HLSW Problem Highlander 11 14,507 10-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Last Post: kidx