Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Symfireball v4

My first map Smile

Works well with minsta, overkill and weapons, in weapons mode there are a lot of fireballs available to pickup

[Image: 2058944.jpg]

Full size image: http://i58.tinypic.com/2n69e95.jpg

Gametypes available ctf, kh 2 teams, ft, dm, tdm, lms, ca, ka. inf, inv (v4)

Small, symmetrical, full of weapons, the point of this map is that most players will not stay alive for more than 10 seconds Angel

v1->v2 added inf and inv support,
v2->v3 invasion improvement
v3->v4 invasion bugfixes

Attached Files
.pk3   symfireball_v4.pk3 (Size: 1.89 MB / Downloads: 6)
[Image: 9074.png]

Fireballs?

That's what i mean with fireball

(04-04-2014, 02:28 PM)Pikamiau Wrote:

That's what i mean with fireball

One issue might be if you have several players on there, the fireballs will create huge lag just like with napalm nades.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

The important aspect of the map is its balance. The top areas (platforms suspended in the air) are not used by players at all. Try to force players to go up, make jumppads and staircases or teleports and place important pickups on the top. Otherwise its going to be a box of blood, and that's quite boring, unless that was an intention.

Thanks for the advices, the weapons are overpowered indeed, but the balance is fairly good in recent tries on DM and TDM, we have played in weapons mode with fireballs(8 players max so far) and in minsta with fire nade(14 players max) without lag.

Nobody survives that long to have croosed fireballs and constante fire nades so the fire of fireballs and fire nades isnt usually that much.

I'm a big fan of box of blood Tongue one of my favorite maps is BOOM some of us really love that.

Server: Super Mario Bros. USA
Map: Symfireball
Mode: Team Deathmatch 4 vs 4, Weapons mode
Client: Xonotic 0.7
Perspective: Ar(tent)
Effects: Normal

I will upload a video of DM in some days.

With balance, Justin mean the item placement and the rational distance between them, making it harder to just stand on one area in the map.
Pick any map, take all it's items and put them in one spot. Now you wouldn't have to be anywhere else in the map, which in turn disturbs the balance.

I'm not saying you guys can't have fun in this map, but what I mean you would arguably have more fun with more thought through map layout, a more riskier spot for the fire ball which attracts more confrontation.

Yep, thanks for the advices Justin, enduser and Smilecythe.

I actually applied them in my next map

DM video is out!

Server: Super Mario Bros. USA
Map: Symfireball
Mode: Deathmatch, Weapons mode
Client: Xonotic 0.7
Perspective: Ar(tent)
Effects: Normal(v1)/Ultra(v2)

v2

v1

I wanted to compare the difference between ultra and normal effects, but as it seems it isn't too large

Updated (v4) Added infection and invasion support, and sticked to name standards.